Computer Power

VET Fee-Help IT courses - How to apply

Press Release   •   Jan 02, 2016 02:45 AEDT

Some of the most frequently asked questions our Career Consultants answer are in relation to the VET Fee-Help loan scheme. These are questions such as:

"Can I get VET Fee-Help?", and
"Do you offer VET FEE HELP IT Courses?"

The answer to the first question is - 'It depends on your circumstances', and to the second: 'We certainly do!'

Computer Power Institute

What is VET Fee-Help?

It's an Australian Government loan scheme to enable eligible people to study higher education courses by paying their course fees either in part or fully. These courses can only be undertaken by approved TAFEs or registered training organisations (RTOs).

The maximum loan that can be taken out under the scheme is $97,728 for most students and repayments commence once you start to earn $54,126 and above. Your loan is indexed.

Only approved providers such as Computer Power can organise a VET FEE-HELP Loan Scheme for you.

What courses do VET Fee-Help loans apply to?

* Diplomas - such as online it diploma
* Advanced Diploma
* Graduate Certificate
* Graduate Diploma

*Although all Computer Power online Diploma of Information Technology Networking are eligible courses for VET Fee-Help loan scheme assistance, do not assume all diplomas are eligible. Please confirm with your provider before signing up for your chosen course.

How do I apply for VET Fee-Help?

Firstly, assess your own eligibility. Are you:

* An Australian citizen?
* Holder of a permanent humanitarian visa for the panned duration of your studies?
* Choosing to study a course that is approved by the VET Fee-Help loan scheme?
* Not the holder of any other recognised qualification higher than the course you wish to undertake?
* Holder of your own Australian Tax File Number (TFN)?

You will need to submit a valid 'Request for a VET FEE HELP for it diploma' form which will be processed by the provider of your course.

Make sure you have your Tax File Number as this is required for your application (plan to get this as soon as you can if you don't already have one). We strongly advise you to keep this number confidential. You'll also need proof of citizenship and ID such as a driver's licence.

You can't begin your course until this process is completed, and your loan has been approved.

If you want to enrol in more than one course or change IT courses and apply for VET Fee-Help for each, you must complete an application for each separately.

Repaying your VET Fee-Help loan Scheme

Repayments are made through your tax assessments annually once your earnings reach $54,126 per annum. This is a compulsory repayment rather like the HECS system for university students.

*For further information, chat to one of our career consultants or go to

Computer Power Institute (CPI) provides affordable, accessible IT Diplomas with International Vendor Certifications that lead to an employment outcome. Computer Power provide IT courses in Networking, Software Development and Website Development designed for individuals with little or no vocational experience through to those currently holding senior roles in industry. Computer Power Diplomas are an alternate pathway into a University Degree.