Revised company strategy focusing on core technology areas paying dividends:•
- Net sales increased by 17.9%, passing the 1,000 billion yen mark for the first time since fiscal year 2008
- Operating income quadrupled, up 299.8%
- Exchange rates had positive impact, but increases in net sales and income surpass these
Strategically realigned product mix, adopting new business models in existing business segments:
- Information-related equipment segment recorded particularly strong year-on-year increases in net sales and income
- Increased printer profitability achieved through improved model mix and higher average selling prices
- Sales of consumables on an upward trend
- Sharp unit shipment growth was achieved in emerging markets through expansion and upgrade of high-capacity ink tank model line-up
- Launched commercial printers in areas such as signage and textile printing
- Strong projector performance with increased net sales and operating income achieved through increased unit volume in all regions
- Devices and precision products delivered net sales increase boosted by high volume sales of microdevices
Please find attached the entire press release in Word file.
Epson is a global innovation leader dedicated to exceeding expectations with solutions for markets as diverse as the office, home, commerce and industry. Epson’s lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 73,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates.