Press releases • Feb 02, 2017 15:04 UTC
Strengthening our European portfolio with the introduction of innovative products combined with winning a string of prestigious awards, resulted in 2016 being a significant calendar year for our brand.
Using the latest technology to deliver new printers, all-in-one devices, labelling machines and wearable technology; Brother has pushed the boundaries throughout the past 12 months.
Leading-edge laser and inkjet line ups
Brother constantly strives to improve its devices to respond to the requirements of the modern-day workplace, spanning the SOHO to SMBs, we have unveiled both laser and inkjet ranges in 2016 designed specifically with these businesses in mind.
Mono Laser L6000 Series – Packed with Brother firsts, the nine-model mono laser range consists of four printers and five all-in-ones tailored for large businesses. Crammed with practical features and enterprise level solutions including Near Field Communication and the Brother Solutions Interface for customisation and integration, the series is our most durable, reliable, secure and fastest ever range. Using our ultra high-yield supplies gives lowest cost per page and most cost effective overall print costs.
Mono laser L5000 Series – Aimed at SMBs, the mono laser L5000 series includes three printers and three all-in-ones. The range provides reliability, durability and flexibility and boasts a suite of mobile features so employees can print from their smart devices, responding to the demands of workers in an increasingly digital era.
Business Smart Series – Smart businesses need a smart printing device. The new six-model colour A4 and A3 inkjet range is aimed at small offices to small business workgroups with mid to high print volume requirement. Ideal for busy workplaces, the series can deliver quality colour printing at up to 22 pages per minute and has an increased machine life due to an improved print head.
Inkbenefit models – A duo of inkjet all-in-ones that can reduce the cost of high quality printing by more than 60* per cent over 3 years – using our new super high yield cartridges. The devices are designed with affordability in mind for low cost printing combined with strong functionality and connectivity credentials.
[NB Countries must localise everything in [x] within the caveat below to suit their local offering.]
* Comparison between [MFC-J985DW and DCP-J785DW] using LC22U cartridges against [MFC-J880DW and MFC-J680DW] using LC221 cartridges, at SRP for [April 2016]. Based on ISO/IEC 24711 & 24712 with a monthly print volume of 200 pages over 3 years of ownership. In-box cartridge yields not considered.
Hello organisation, goodbye chaos
Fast approaching its 30th birthday, P-touch machines are at the forefront of the labelling industry. Boasting a high spec, and developed over the past three decades to reflect changes in technology and demands of businesses, P-touch products create a flawless user experience resulting in a more organised workplace.
- PT-D800W – Transforming industrial-grade labelling, this is our fastest and highest spec desktop labeller. Producing labels three times faster than previous models, this device is ideal to increase the efficiency of telecom, datacom and electrical installations.
- PT-P900W and PT-P950NW – Printing up to twice as fast as competitor products, the two new devices were created to help streamline operations. Wi-Fi connectivity and optional rechargeable battery means the machines can be used on the go, perfect for use in the office, retail, catering, healthcare and facilities management.
Wearable technology to transform the workplace
We launched our latest generation of wearable technology, AiRScouter WD-200B this year, built with compatibility in mind with easy connections to a wide variety of devices such as PCs, tablets and smartphones via HDMI.
- It can work with remote recording technology such as a drone camera to show the user different perspectives on tasks.
- Additionally, security teams can monitor two locations simultaneously with access to remote camera feeds via the headset while out on patrol.
An outstanding year for awards and accolades
We’ve not just brought outstanding products to the pan-European print and tech market in 2016, we have secured a host of prestigious awards recognising our innovative R&D as well as devices with sleek and stylish design.
- Buyers Lab (BLI) Summer Pick awards - Dubbed the Oscar’s of the technology industry, the BLI Summer Pick Awards is one of the trade’s toughest accolades. This summer, we secured six outstanding awards across our mono laser printers, multi-function printers (MFPs) and scanners. This followed our success at the winter awards, when we received the Outstanding Achievement in Energy Efficiency for our Business Smart all-in-one inkjet MFC-J5720DW.
- iF Design Awards – We were acknowledged for the ninth consecutive year, winning five awards for outstanding design quality across our laser, label printer and solutions ranges. The win took our brand’s tally of iF Design Awards to an impressive 55.
Using the latest technology to deliver robust, secure and quality mobile print solutions, 2016 has been a year of pushing boundaries for Brother. Our new devices are designed to help lower the total cost of ownership – the bottom line for business’ investing in their print and solutions technology.
With a new colour laser series targeted at the business segment set to be unveiled in the first half of 2017 alongside a device that boasts a world first in label print technology ready for launch in 2017 too, the new calendar year is set for a strong product start for Brother.
Founded in Japan over a century ago by two brothers Masayoshi and Jitsuichi, today, Brother is a globally recognised innovative technology brand. The company now has operations in 44 countries and its products are sold in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Brother products include printers, all-in-one printer devices, fax machines and labelling machines. New products for an increasingly digital and smart technology era include mobile print solutions, OmniJoin HD web conferencing software through to Managed Print Services (MPS).
Strengthening our European portfolio with the introduction of innovative products combined with winning a string of prestigious awards, resulted in 2016 being a significant calendar year for our brand. Using the latest technology to deliver new printers, all-in-one devices, labelling machines and wearable technology; Brother has pushed the boundaries throughout the past 12 months.
Blog posts • Feb 02, 2017 14:59 UTC
Brother pays tribute to Johannes Gutenberg, the man who developed the very first printer, the Gutenberg Press, in Europe, and whose remarkable achievements over 500 years ago in bringing the printed word to the masses, have earned him the title the 'father' of printing.
Press releases • Jan 16, 2017 16:11 UTC
Two colour direct thermal label printing in the home and office is now possible thanks to Brother’s latest product range.
Press releases • Jan 16, 2017 15:58 UTC
Ubiquitech is an Intelligent Print Management solutions company providing clients with a streamlined print service system which is scalable, compliant and hassle-free. Headquartered in Denmark, the business searched for ways to enhance its Intelligent Print Management (IPM) system to support Brother machines.
Press releases • Jun 03, 2016 10:40 UTC
Press releases • May 06, 2016 10:24 UTC
About BIE Newsroom
Brother International Europe
Brother International Europe (BIE), part of the global Brother Group, is the European hosting company for Brother in Europe. The role of BIE is to provide product intelligence and centralised support to each of Brother’s European operations.
BIE has sales offices or sales representatives in 29 European countries and has a workforce of over 1,300 people.
- BIE Newsroom
- Brother House, 1 Tame Street
- M34 5JE Manchester
- United Kingdom