How to Apply for A Visa Extension in China

新闻稿   •   2019年11月05日 13:55 CST

Foreigners who want to stay in China beyond what their current visa allowance need to apply for anextension to their visa with appropriate reasons. The extension application should be made at the municipal public security bureau 7 days before the visa expires. How to apply for such service in China, and what are the requirements?

What kind of China visa can extend ?

1) Work residence permit and their families’residence permit (can continuing apply)

2) Family residence permit-Chinese citizens' foreign spouses (can continuing apply)

3) Study’s residence permit

4) Business visa

5) Travel Visa ( hard to extend)

6) Etc.

Documents required

Foreigners who wish to apply for extension or alteration of visas or certificates need to provide the relevant documents:

1) A valid passport and visa

2) Police registration paper

3) Valid photo receipt4) Documents and papers supporting reasons for extension or alternation

Foreigners with international marriage between ChineseChinese citizens' foreign spouses can apply for 1 or 2 years family visa, and can continuing apply for extension after stay over one/two years. But every time application, must provide marriage certificates, originals and copies of inhabitant registration cards and the I.D. cards of their Chinese spouses.

Foreigners who are disallowed to extend1) Foreigners whose duration of stay is shortened and those whose residence right are deprived 2) Individual travelers who have no sufficient traveling expenses 3) Family visitors who has no special reason for extension when their visa expires


1) For people of different status, the requirements can be various.

2) Multiple business visas, within the validity of the visa, better not extend.

3) Fees for visas can vary from one country to another but details can be obtained from the web site of the Chinese Embassy in your country.

4) Overseas visa authorities are: Chinese Embassies, consulates, visa offices, the consular department of the Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in HKSAR and other agencies abroad authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China.

5) It is vital that you have the necessary documents with you when you travel to China otherwise entry will be denied.

For more details, welcome to contact me.

Contact: Cora Yeung

Tel: +86 020-83652006/18902250059

Wechat: 18902250059/ Timely-Cora

E-mail: Cora@clrge.com

Website: www.clrge.com