YouTube lovers usually received an "invalid file format error message when you're uploading" and are not sure which is the best format to save or upload your YouTube video. To help people out and upload videos to YouTube website without any problem, MacXDVD gives some tips about the best video format for YouTube uploading.
YouTube Supported Video Format
If you want to upload the videos you shot to YouTube, the first thing you need to know is what video formats YouTube support. Even though YouTube accepts a variety of video formats, there are still some video formats being booted out. Below are the best video formats supported by YouTube.
• MP4 (a multimedia container format standard specified as a part of MPEG-4)
• FLV (Flash Video, a kind of video format )
• 3GP (a multimedia container format defined by the Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) for 3G UMTS multimedia services.)
• AVI (Audio Video Interleaved,a kind of video format)
• MKV (an free container format that holds an unlimited number of video, audio, picture, or subtitle tracks in one file)
• MOV (the QuickTime multimedia file format)
• MPEG (the Moving Picture Experts Group, a kind of video format)
• WMV (Windows Media Video)
• SWF (Shockwave Flash)
1. It’s stated by YouTube that MP4 is the best format to use. It’s not as heavy as AVI and provides better quality than FLV. WMV HD format seems to lose its quality while 3GP and SWF resolutions are too small.
2. If your videos aren’t in the compatible video formats? Don’t worry. You can convert video to YouTube recognized video formats with the help of professional video converter software.
For more information about this video converter, please visit:
Make Video Format Best Suitable for Uploading to YouTube
Actually, to know the YouTube supported video format for YouTube uploading is just the beginning. If you want to get the best uploading results on YouTube, you’d better to know the best settings for uploading to YouTube. Here's a summary of the audio and video specifications you will need if you want to learn the best video format for YouTube uploading.
• Best video format for YouTube: H.264, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4
• Aspect Ratio: Native aspect ratio without letterboxing (examples: 4:3, 16:9)
• Resolution: 640x360 (16:9) or 480x360 (4:3) recommended
• Audio format: MP3 or AAC preferred
• Frames per second: 30
• Maximum length: 10 minutes (we recommend 2-3 minutes)
• Maximum file size: 1 GB
To know more details about the best YouTube video file format, please follow the table directly below this summary.
Best YouTube Video Format
Resolution: Recommended: 1280 x 720 (16:9 HD) and 640 x 480 (4:3 SD)
There is no required minimum resolution – in general the higher resolution the better and HD resolution is preferred. For older content, lower resolution is unavoidable. It’s discouraged to add horizontal black bars before uploading a video to YouTube. If you do it, black bars will be all around your video and it will look rather horrible.
Bitrate: As bitrate highly rests upon codec, there is no recommendation or minimum value. You are suggested to optimize video for resolution, aspect ratio and frame rate rather than bitrate.
Frame rate: If it’s possible, you’d better keep an original frame rate. Usually videos have the best quality if the frame rate is between 25-30 fps. Some modern cameras give even 2000 fps, but YouTube doesn’t support such a quality yet. Particularly, pulldown and other frame rate resampling techniques are strongly discouraged.
Codec: H.264, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 preferred. These codecs are used in most modern videos, so you’ll hardly need to change this parameter.
Best YouTube Audio Format
Codec: MP3 or AAC preferred
Sampling rate: 44.1kHz sampling rate and the higher bitrate possible, but no less than 192 kbps
Channels: 2 (stereo)
1. Compressing videos each time will generally result in degrading video quality. That the truth about videos! The best approach is to compress files the least amount possible. By knowing the abovementioned video formats and settings for YouTube website, you’ll surely get the best YouTube uploading result.
2. For those who’d like to download videos from YouTube for offline playback rather than uploading video to YouTube, MacX YouTube Downloader can be a solid solution, which helps you can download movies, music videos, and HD videos from YouTube with a few clicks without an error and watch YouTube videos stored on Mac computers anytime.
See more information, please visit:
About MacXDVD Software, Inc.
MacXDVD Software is a division of Digiarty Software Company, owns a professional multimedia software development team, providing a range of products for Macintosh Computer users, including MacX Video Converter, MacX DVD Ripper, DVD Author, DVD backup tools, etc, series of apps for Apple video player, and iPhone, iPad 2D and 3D video games. More information, please visit http://www.macxdvd.com.