MA Program in International Economics & Cultural Diplomacy
The Degree is offered by the Babes-Bolyai University in partnership with the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy
(Berlin; Start: Fall Semester - Berlin, October 1st, 2014)
To apply, please click http://www.culturaldiplomacy.de/index.php?en_application-form_ccds_ma
Operating under a joint partnership, Babes-Bolyai University and the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy are the first institutions to offer a Master of Arts degree program that will educate students from around the world in several academic disciplines related to International Economics, International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy.
The MA program follows the conventional university structure of a two-year course divided into four different semesters. Students are offered an array of elective courses to accompany mandatory courses, work experience opportunities and the final thesis. During the first year the first semester will consist of three mandatory modules and two elective as the second semester will consist of the professional development program and 2 elective courses, whilst in the second year students will continue to the BBU in Cluj Romania for the 3rd Semester and the 4th Semester- the Thesis. Part of the 4th Semester could be completed from distance as well, as the students will produce a final thesis on a related topic of choice. At the end of the forth semesters, the students will be then required to defend their Thesis at the BBU, Cluj.
Benefits of the Program
- The program offers students a core curriculum in international relations and international business education, preparing the future leaders of tomorrow for the leadership, marketing, and strategic skills they will need to build careers in economics or business.
- Students will have access to an expert Faculty with experience in international economics and diplomacy, and will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to thrive in a changing global order.
- Students will obtain an expertise in Cultural Diplomacy, currently an underutilized but increasingly significant business and international relations tool.
- The curriculum and Faculty prepare graduates for careers in academia, economic governance, advocacy, international relations and all branches of the international private sector.
- Students will be uniquely situated to create and implement their own programs of Corporate Cultural Diplomacy.
- The program will allow students to study with distinguished and renowned faculties from around the world, enabling contacts with experts in organizations affiliated with international business and economics.
- Students of this program will be significantly advantaged in the economics arena compared to students who simply obtain an MA in International Economics or International Affairs.
- During the “Professional Training” semester of the MA, students will be able to create and implement their own programs of Cultural Diplomacy.
- Graduates will discover that the curriculum and faculty prepare them for evolving careers in academia, business, finance, and all public and private international sectors.
The Master’s Degree is awarded by Babeş-Bolyai University, which is recognized as a fully accredited institution of higher education with the right to award university degrees. Babeş-Bolyai University is part of the Bologna Process set in place by the European Commission, and uses the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) to award degrees. Credits obtained through our MA program are equivalent to those of courses at universities in all other 30+ signatory countries.
Scholarships, equaling up to 10% deduction of tuition costs are available for students based on educational excellence and/ or financial need. Although each scholarship request will be evaluated on an individual basis, students are expected to have an above-average grade point of 4.5 (of 5.0) in order to qualify for a grant. The Financial Aid application is a two-step process; Students interested in applying for a scholarship are required to submit their initial aid application request as soon as they have formally applied to the program, completed the first step of the application, and have been accepted into the program. Scholarships are then determined for the second and 4th semesters.
Dates & Deadlines:
The Semesters of the Academic Year
2014/2015 will take place in the following locations and dates:
· The first semester will take place in Berlin between the dates of October 01st – December 19th, 2014
· The second semester will take place in Berlin between the dates of February 17th - May 9th, 2015
The deadline for admissions is November 30th, 2013. Students who have submitted their applications in full by November 30th, 2013 will be eligible for an interview. Applicants will be notified of the admission committee's decision within a period of 7 days following the interview.
* Current undergraduate students (who are due to graduate in the summer of 2013) are able to submit an application and participate in the pre-enrollment process, by submitting a confirmation of their current studies and their transcripts.
The required tuition fee for the MA in International Economics and Cultural Diplomacy is 12,000 Euros for the full program (6,000 Euros per Academic Year).
For further enquiries please contact us at: email@example.com