- Veeam® Software, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualization
management solutions for VMware vSphere® and Microsoft® Windows Server® Hyper-V®,
today announced that it is extending its support for VMware vCloud Director®.
- An Elite VMware Technology Alliance Partner, Veeam has always been on the
leading edge of advancements in vSphere technology. Veeam’s enhanced support
for vCloud Director is another example of Veeam’s alignment with VMware
technologies and illustrates the value of using data
protection Built for Virtualization™.
- New integration will extend
Veeam support for vCloud Director, which currently includes the ability to
backup and restore virtual machines (VMs) managed by vCloud Director. Using the
vCloud Director API, Veeam will display the vCloud Director infrastructure
directly in Veeam Backup & Replication™, backup all vApp metadata and
attributes, restore vApps and VMs directly to vCloud Director, and support
restore of fast-provisioned VMs.
- The new functionality leverages Veeam’s existing backup infrastructure
and is integrated directly into the existing Veeam backup console. It is a
complete out-of-the-box solution that is fully supported by Veeam and
extensible by customers and partners.
- Veeam’s powerful, easy-to-use and affordable backup and recovery solution
has for years enabled organizations to achieve greater levels of virtualization
by providing reliable VM backup and fast VM recovery. In 2010, Veeam’s introduction
of vPower® helped drive virtualization of mission-critical applications, by offering
capabilities such as Instant VM Recovery, SureBackup® and Universal Application-Item
Recovery® (U-AIR) that were too cumbersome or simply impossible to accomplish
in a physical environment.
- With enhanced backup and recovery for vCloud Director, Veeam will enable
the next phase of virtualization as organizations, particularly mid-size and
large enterprises, move toward a cloud computing model.
- Enhanced vCloud Director support will also streamline backup and recovery
for cloud providers and managed service providers (MSPs) that are using vCloud Director
to provision and manage cloud environments for their customers.
- For more information on Veeam backup and recovery for vCloud Director, go
to http://go.veeam.com/v7, or visit the Veeam booth (#201)
at VMware Partner Exchange 2013 in Las Vegas, NV from February 25–27.
- Veeam will also co-present with VMware at Partner Exchange. The joint
session, SPO2006, will take place from 12:30–1:30 p.m. on Wednesday,
Enhanced backup and recovery for vCloud Director will be available in Veeam Backup & Replication v7, which is expected to be generally available (GA) in the third quarter of 2013. To sign up for v7 updates, go to http://go.veeam.com/v7.
Chris Ward, CTO, GreenPages Technology
“We’ve seen increased interest and adoption of vCloud Director over the past several months and are extremely happy that Veeam will be fully supporting vCloud Director. The ability to offer a full solution with integrated, easy-to-use backup and recovery should help drive further adoption among our customers. Veeam’s solid integration combined with GreenPages’ expertise in architecting vCloud Director and vCloud Suite® solutions will be a winning combination for our mutual customers. We are very pleased that we can leverage Veeam more fully in our vCloud Director deployments moving forward.”
President and CEO, Veeam Software
“Veeam has partnered with VMware for many years now, and our integration with vCloud Director is the latest example of that partnership. For our customers who are taking the next step in virtualization into cloud computing, Veeam will be able to give them the peace of mind that their environments are protected by the industry’s #1 VM Backup. And it will be even easier for Veeam Cloud Providers to leverage Veeam’s powerful capabilities to deliver differentiated offerings.”
Web Links Referenced in this Release:
- Veeam Software: http://www.veeam.com
- VMware backup: http://www.veeam.com/vmware-esx-backup.html
- Hyper-V backup: http://www.veeam.com/microsoft-hyper-v-server-backup-recovery-replication.html
- Virtualization management: http://www.veeam.com/virtualization-management-one-solution.html
- VM Backup: http://www.veeam.com/vm-backup-recovery-replication-software.html
- Free virtualization tools: http://www.veeam.com/free-virtualization-software-vmware-hyper-v.html
About Veeam Software
Veeam Software develops innovative solutions for VMware backup, Hyper-V backup and virtualization management. Veeam Backup & Replication is the #1 VM Backup solution. Veeam ONE™ is a single solution for real-time monitoring, resource optimization and management reporting for VMware and Hyper-V. The Veeam Management Pack™ (MP) and Smart Plug-in™ (SPI) extend enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. Veeam also provides free virtualization tools. Learn more by visiting http://www.veeam.com/.