Flybe

Flybe Finland appoints Maunu Visuri as new Managing Director

Lehdistötiedote   •   Huhti 15, 2014 11:22 EEST

Flybe Finland has appointed Maunu Visuri as new Managing Director as of May 20, 2014. Visuri has nearly twenty years aviation experience in various leadership roles. He joins Flybe Finland from Nordic Global Airlines where he was their CEO and prior to that he has worked in various leadership roles at Finnair. Visuri (46) holds an Aeronautical Degree in Engineering from Helsinki University of Technology.

Visuri will work in close partnership with the Flybe/Finnair Joint Venture Board, and he will focus on developing Flybe Finland and delivering profit growth across its operations. Visuri will report to the Chairman of the Board, John Palmer. Flybe Finland wishes Maunu Visuri a warm welcome.

Flybe Finland is Finland’s biggest air traffic operator. The airline has 10 own commercial routes and it operates a significant amount of domestic and European flights on behalf of Finnair. Flybe Finland’s fleet consists of 28 aircraft and the airline employs around 700 people in Finland. Visuri’s predecessor Mikko Sundström (acting Managing Director) resigned in February due to personal reasons.

Issued by:

Flybe Media Desk, +358 40 450 9490, flybemediadesk@miltton.fi


Flybe Finland is Finland’s biggest air traffic operator, founded in 2011 and jointly owned by Flybe and Finnair. Flybe holds a 60% stake in the airline, with Finnair holding the remaining 40%. The airline has ten commercial routes and operates a significant amount of domestic and European flights on behalf of Finnair. Flybe Finland’s fleet consists of 28 aircrafts and the airline employs around 700 people in Finland. The Flybe Group is Europe's largest regional airline with 171 routes serving 16 countries.