Brazil Nuclear Power Generation and Equipments Market Outlook to 2030 – Planned Nuclear Power Plants to Drive the Market Growth’ provides a comprehensive analysis of the nuclear power generation equipments market in Brazil covering various aspects such as market size, market segmentation on the basis of major equipments type such as nuclear island equipments and conventional islands equipments, trends, growth drivers, challenges, expected future developments and future projections of the market value of nuclear power generation equipments. The report also provides detailed explanation of the various macro variables and industry factors impacting the growth of Brazilian nuclear power generation and equipments market.
The market for nuclear power generation equipments in Brazil is driven majorly by rising electricity consumption which in turn depends on the power generation from various sources majorly hydroelectricity and nuclear electricity. Total installed commercial capacity of Angra 1 and Angra 2 power plants in Brazil showcased a CAGR of 3.5% during 2008-2012 with capacity of ~ MWh in 2012. The market size of nuclear power generators equipment market in Brazil is worth USD ~ billion. The nuclear power generation equipment market is segmented into major equipment types- nuclear islands equipment and conventional island equipments. In 2013, nuclear islands equipment had a share of ~ % as compared to ~ % of conventional island equipments in the market value. The contract for electro-mechanical assembly associated with the reactor's primary system, was valued at around USD ~ million in 2013.
The outlook for Brazil nuclear power generation equipments market is expected to be positive as four more planned nuclear reactors are expected to become operational by 2030. The contribution of nuclear power generation in the electricity consumption in the country will evolve from ~% in 2013 to over ~% in 2030. Advancements in nuclear design will improve safety and economic viability for upcoming nuclear reactor technologies. Smaller nuclear reactors may provide an alternative to the high costs and long operation time characterized by older, larger nuclear power plants, thereby giving new opportunities for nuclear power generation equipment companies. The combination of several parameters such as government policy, environmental regulations, emergence of alternative energy sources in Brazilian energy portfolio, competition from hydroelectricity as an alternative source, and an expected rise in share of nuclear energy in energy mix would be the key points to focus on planning strategic growth of the nuclear power generation equipments market in Brazil.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- Market Size on the basis of current worth of nuclear power generation equipments purchased through contracts in Brazil
- Market Segmentation on the basis of market value of types of equipments – nuclear island equipments and conventional island equipments
- Cost Structure and Establishment process of a Nuclear Power Plant
- Policies And Regulatory Framework In Nuclear Power Industry in Brazil
- Growth Drivers and Challenges for Brazil Nuclear Power Generation Equipments Market
- Historic trends and expected future developments of the industry
- Snapshot of Major nuclear power plant projects (Angra 1, Angra 2, Angra 3) profiles in Brazil.
- Company Profile of Major Players in Brazil Nuclear Power Generation Equipments Market
- Future outlook and projections for Brazil Nuclear Power Generation Equipments Market.
- Macro Economic Variables of Brazil Nuclear Power Generation Equipments Market
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications