India Aesthetic Lasers and Energy Devices Market Outlook to 2019 - Led by Intensifying Demand for Skin Tightening and Body Shaping Devices provides a comprehensive analysis of the various aspects such as market size of the aesthetic lasers market, energy devices market, body shaping and skin tightening market, aesthetic surgeries market, aesthetic skin clinics market. The report also covers the market and brand shares in terms of volume and value sales of major aesthetic lasers and energy devices global manufacturers along with perception and willingness level of dermatologist, aestheticians and med-spas for single technology and multi-platform based devices. The report provides an entailing view on the import and domestic market of laser and energy based devices with each technology and non – invasive or minimally invasive procedures. The publication also discusses the future outlook and prospects for the sector along with the investment set-up of a skin clinics, trends and development and macro-economic factors affecting the industry performance.
The aesthetic equipments market in India is constituted by laser or energy based devices, dermal fillers and neurotoxins. The laser and energy-based devices have accounted for the largest share of aesthetic devices market in India. The major applications of laser and energy-based devices include hair removal, scar removal/skin resurfacing, skin rejuvenation and skin tightening.
A majority of the energy-based aesthetic equipments are used for body shaping and skin tightening purposes. The body contouring and skin tightening segment has also showcased an increasing over the span of last five years (2010-2014). The growing obese population, especially in the urban areas, has resulted to an increase in the number of bariatric surgeries and which subsequently has increased the demand for body contouring devices. The Indian market for aesthetic lasers and energy devices including body and skin tightening devices has been majorly driven by the many underlying factors responsible for augmenting the demand for the aesthetic surgeries.
India is still in its nascent stage in the aesthetic products and equipments market with a share contribution of around ~% of the total revenue of the aesthetic device market in Asia in 2013. Therefore, with the rise in the number of cosmetic procedures year on year, India as a market presents favorable business opportunities for the aesthetic device marketers and manufacturers. The market for aesthetic lasers and energy devices in the country is entirely import-driven, with nearly ~% of the total market being constituted by imported devices in 2014. The revenue generated by aesthetic laser and energy-based devices in India has increased by ~% to INR ~ million in 2014 as compared to INR ~ million in 2013.
The laser and energy device market in India is majorly dominated by the foreign manufacturers such as Lumenis, Alma Lasers, Celeste (Laseroptek), Cynosure and several others from the US and Europe, who either market their products directly in India through their Indian based subsidiaries or they have an arrangement with domestic distributors who market the products in India made by these foreign manufacturers on lucrative commissions. Rapid entry of foreign manufacturers into the market especially low cost device manufacturers from China and South Korea has increased the competition in the market.
The future prospects of the aesthetic lasers and energy devices market in India is expected to be driven by huge demand for aesthetic/cosmetic procedures in India during the review period 2015-2019. The increasing arrival of medical tourists in India for treatments, with the rise in India’s position as a preferred destination for cosmetic surgery is expected to provide a major impetus to the demand of aesthetic devices by the skin clinics and hospitals across the country. The aesthetic devices market in India is expected to grow with a CAGR of around ~% during the period of 2014-2019.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- Size of India Aesthetic lasers and energy devices market
- Size of India Aesthetic lasers market
- Size of India Energy devices market
- Size of India Body Contouring and Skin Tightening Market
- Size of India Aesthetic Surgeries Market
- Size of India Aesthetic Skin Clinics market
- Market Segmentation of aesthetic lasers by ablative, non-ablative and others
- Market Segmentation of Energy Devices by Radiofrequency, Ultrasound, IPL and Others
- Market Segmentation of Body Contouring and Skin Tightening Devices by Technology
- Market Segmentation of Aesthetic Surgeries Market by Invasive and Non-Invasive Surgeries
- Major Types of Non-Invasive Surgeries Conducted in India and their Charges
- Market Segmentation of Aesthetic Skin Clinics in India by Type of Clinic in Top 10 cities
- Entry Barriers, Revenue and Investment Estimations, Considerations of buying an aesthetic device in skin clinics
- Trends and Development in Aesthetic lasers and energy devices market
- Trends and Development in Aesthetic Skin Clinics
- Competitive landscape and company profiles of the major manufacturers of aesthetic devices and skin clinics in India
- List of Distributors of aesthetic lasers and energy devices in India
- Future outlook and projections of Aesthetic Lasers and Energy devices and Skin clinics in India
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications