Dec 2, 2013 : Bharat Book Bureau presents the new report, on ''2020 Foresight
Report: Operational Efficiency in Non-Life Claims"provides a comprehensive
analysis of developments in the payment industry with a primary focus on
consumer oriented products and services.
The report provides information and insights into the changing landscape of the payment industry and emerging consumer trends acting as stimulating factors:
• Provides global snapshot of payment innovations introduced by banks as well as non-bank payment companies in the key regions of the world
• Provides insights into market potential of key payment cards and also discusses the state of mobile card payments in selected countries
• Analysis of consumer technology trends and drivers highlighting key operational opportunities
• Analysis of key issues faced by central banks, commercial banks and new market entrants while dealing with innovative payment solutions
• Provides insights into best practices followed by market players to target key consumer drivers as a strategy to maximize their revenue
Businesses are increasingly focusing on key consumer drivers such as convenience, accessibility, security, speed and the cost of payments to increase acceptability of their products and services, and gain an advantage over their competitors. To target these consumer drivers, stakeholders in the payment value chain are primarily concentrating on digitalization of payments, increased interoperability, and the introduction of disruptive strategies to plug gaps in user demand and solutions offered by the industry. Changing consumer behavior, such as increased use of mobile devices to manage day-to-day activities and the increasing use of social media, has attracted a number of organizations to build their business and product strategies around these platforms.
• This report provides a comprehensive analysis of developments in the payment industry with a primary focus on consumer oriented products and services
• Provides data forecasts for credit, debit and prepaid cards with historical insights on mobile card payments in selected countries
• It covers key trends expected to reshape the payment landscape over the next five years
• Provides insights into key technology drivers responsible for enabling organizations to introduce disruptive products and services
• It covers the key challenges faced by central banks in regulating and the challenges faced by commercial banks and non-bank payment companies in introducing and sustaining an innovative payment service
• It provides insights on the implementation strategies and best practices adopted by both banks and non-bank payment companies to drive revenue generation with the help of detailed case studies
Reasons To Buy
• Understand the dynamics of the evolving landscape of the payment industry on the back of changing tastes and preferences of consumers across key markets worldwide
• Assess the current and future opportunities in various payment solutions and learn best practices to strengthen your business strategy and target consumer drivers more efficiently
• Gain insights into various types of innovative services entering the payment ecosystem and their likely impact on redistribution of market share among various stakeholders
• Gain insights into key consumer trends and technical drivers which are stimulating innovations along with information on expected hurdles in sustainability of new products
• Innovations in payment can be broadly classified under four categories: innovations in payment cards; online payments, including electronic bill presentment and payments; mobile payments; and developments in overall payment infrastructure and security. Focus has increased on the convenience and speed of payments. As a result, mobile payments have received significant attention in recent years.
• Regions dominated by emerging economies, such as Asia-Pacific, Africa and Latin America, exhibit high growth potential in innovative payment solutions, although most innovations currently tend to stem from North America and Europe. Europe, however, is expected to lose some steam over the next five years, while North America is forecast to continue to impress with new payment solutions, primarily led by developments in the US. Countries such as Turkey are highly innovative in terms of payment products and services, with consumers showing a readiness to experiment, as are parts of the Middle East, as regulation can be scattered and consumer demand pushes for new payment options.
• Social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram have become an attractive platform to target consumers. There are more than 1.15 billion (as per Facebook’s Q2 2013 earnings report) and 500 million users (as of March 2013) on Facebook and Twitter respectively, and their users bases are growing rapidly every year. This presents lucrative opportunities for merchants, financial institutions and new entrants to capitalize on a ready market.
• Data analytics, powered by cloud and social media, are allowing stakeholders in the payment industry to identify gaps in the payment value chain and increase their probability of revenue generation. It is also being extensively used to address security concerns and limit exposure to fraud risks for card issuers, acquirers, merchants and network operators. Open APIs have emerged as another key enabler of innovation in the payment industry. Open APIs enable the development of payment gateways and solutions at a fraction of the cost of developing a payment system from scratch.
• To remain competitive and gain market share, financial institutions and payment companies across the world have adopted various strategies in line with changing consumer behavior and technology. Companies have entered into agreements with merchants, as well as with each other, to reach a larger customer base, while service providers are also increasingly adopting emerging technology such as NFC, MPOS and mobile apps. There is also increased focus on using social media to generate sales and collect analytical data for strategic decision making.
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2 Global Snapshot of Payment Innovations, and Regional Overview
2.1 Snapshot of Payment Innovations
2.2 Regional Overview
3 Market Potential of Payment Channels and Products
3.1 Market Share of Payment Channels
3.2 Payment Dynamics and Outlook by Card Products
3.2.1 Prepaid cards
3.2.2 Debit cards
3.2.3 Credit cards
3.3 Market Size of Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Selected Countries
3.3.1 The US
3.3.2 The UK
4 Consumer Technology Trends Driving Innovation in Payments
4.1 Emerging Payment Channels
4.1.1 Social media
4.1.2 Mobile devices
4.2 External Enablers of Innovation in Payments
4.2.1 Cloud technology
4.2.2 Data analytics
4.2.3 Open APIs
5 Issues and Challenges
5.1 Central Banks
5.2 Commercial Banks
5.3 Non-Bank and Alternative Payments
6 Payment Innovation Case Studies
For more information kindly visit : http://www.bharatbook.com/Finance-market-research-reports/2020-Foresight-Report-Consumer-Centric-Payment-Innovations.html
About Bharat Book Bureau:
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information provider for market research reports, , company profiles, industry analysis , country reports , business reports, newsletters and online databases Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. We cover sectors starting from Aeronautics to Zoology.
In case the reports don't match your requirement then we can do a specialized Custom Research for you. Our multifarious capabilities, cross-sector expertise and detailed knowledge of various markets, put us in a unique position to take up Custom Research demands of yourself.
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Toll Free No for USA/Canada : 1-866-279-8368
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/researchbook
Follow us on linked in : http://www.linkedin.com/company/bharat-book-bureau
Our Blog : http://blog.bharatbook.com/
Bharat Book Bureau, the leading market research information aggregator provides market research reports, company profiles, country reports, newsletters, and online databases for the past twenty four years to corporate, consulting firms, academic institutions, government departments, agencies etc., globally, including India. Our market research reports help global companies to know different market before starting up business / expanding in different countries across the world.