Dec 7, 2013 : Bharat Book Bureau presents the new report, on ''2020 Foresight Report: Trends in Life Insurance Underwriting" to understand how regulations are impacting the product strategies, business models and investment strategies of life insurance companies.
The report provides industry and geographic analysis, information and insights
into the performance of life insurance segments in some of the important
economies across the world. It also provides an in-depth analysis of the impact
of important regulations on underwriting and the technological developments in
life insurance underwriting:
• Intensive analysis of the performance of life insurance segments in some of the important economies globally and their future outlook
• Detailed analysis of the key impacts of regulations on the product strategy, the business models and the investment strategies of life insurance companies
• Snapshot of the relationship between the gross domestic products of important economies across the world and key life insurance segment performance indicators
• Comprehensive view of the latest technologies that are having a profound impact on underwriting processes and risk assessment in the life insurance segment
The life insurance segment is characterized by underwriting losses in some developed nations, and underwriting profits in important emerging economies such as China, India, Brazil and Russia. The life insurance segments in developed nations will record a rise in premium rates due to gradual recovery in their economies, meaning that life insurers will need to protect their margins. In the case of emerging economies, the life segment is moving towards a situation that is neither hard nor soft, due to factors such as the highly under-penetrated markets in these countries, increased competition among life insurers and rising disposable incomes. Globally, the life segment is in a state of flux due to far-reaching regulations such as Solvency II in Europe. These regulations essentially link the amount of capital held by life insurers with the risks they underwrite and the investments they make.
This report provides a detailed analysis of the key trends in life insurance
underwriting across the world:
• It details the performance of life insurance segments in the important economies of the globe, with a breakdown of the different performance indicators
• It explains the implications of key regulations on the products offered by life insurance companies, the impact on their business models, their investment strategies and the likely impact on the premium rates
• It demonstrates the relationship between the gross domestic products of nations and some of the important performance indicators of life insurance segments
• It analyses the trends in premium rates in the important economies of the world
• It details the important technological trends that will impact life insurance underwriting
• It explains some of the changes being brought about in techniques employed for customer profiling
Reasons To Buy
• Understand how the life insurance segments have been performing in some of the
important countries across the world
• Understand how regulations are impacting the product strategies, business models and investment strategies of life insurance companies
• Gain insights into how the GDPs of nations impact the performance of underwriting in life insurance segments
• Be informed of the key technologies having an impact on the risk assessment and underwriting practices in the life insurance segment
• The life insurance segments in the developed nations of the world have been
under pressure because of the economic downturn. On the other hand, the life
insurance segments in some of the emerging economies of the world have been
thriving due to robust economic growth rates.
• Life insurance regulators across the world have been taking a risk-based capital approach wherein the type of risks that they insure and the type of investments made by them are determined by the capital held by them.
• Given the previously subdued premium rates in the key developed economies of the world, the prices are expected to increase in the future as the life insurers are intent on protecting their margins. The key emerging economies will also witness a gradual hardening of interest rates.
• The citizens of the developed nations, because of the reduction in their disposable incomes, have increasingly been selecting insurance products that provide basic life cover over hybrid or exotic products.
• Technological trends such as automation of the underwriting processes, scanning of social media of potential policyholders to gauge the risk that they represent and application of predictive modeling trends have been mainly impacting the underwriting practices of life insurance companies.
Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2 Global Snapshot: Assessment of Life Underwriting Market Dynamics
2.1 Gross Written Premium Global Trends and Drivers
2.2 Analysis of Key Performance Indicators Impacting Underwriting
2.2.1 Underwriting profit and loss trends
2.2.2 Loss ratios
2.2.3 Expense ratios
2.2.4 Combined ratios
3 The Effect of Regulation on Life Insurance Underwriting
3.1 Impact on Life Insurance Product Offering
3.2 Impact on Key Functional and Operational Elements
3.3 Impact on Investment Strategy by Asset Class
3.3.4 Alternative assets
3.4 EU Ruling on Gender-Neutral Insurance to Affect Underwriting
4 Market Dynamics Related to Economic Risk
4.1 Market Dynamics during 2008–2012
4.2 Relationship between GDP and Gross Written Premium Growth
4.3 Relationship between GDP and Underwriting Results
5 Technological Trends in Underwriting
5.1 Creating a Customer Profile
5.2.1 Case Study: Bharti Axa’s use of CRM software to speed up claims processing
5.3 Social Media
5.3.1 Social media and underwriting
5.3.2 Case Study: Manulife used social media for investigation in claims processing
5.3.3 Case Study: Rigi Capital Partners used social media to decide on policy purchases
5.4 Big Data
5.4.1 Underwriting and premium determination decision
5.4.2 Case Study: Health Care Service Corp.’s use of predictive modeling techniques
5.4.3 Case Study: Westpac Life’s use of big data to understand customer payment payments
5.4.4 Case Study: Lincoln Financial Group’s use of predictive modeling
For more information kindly visit : http://www.bharatbook.com/Insurance-market-research-reports/2020-Foresight-Report-Trends-in-Life-Insurance-Underwriting.html
About Bharat Book Bureau:
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information provider for market research reports, , company profiles, industry analysis , country reports , business reports, newsletters and online databases Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. We cover sectors starting from Aeronautics to Zoology.
In case the reports don't match your requirement then we can do a specialized Custom Research for you. Our multifarious capabilities, cross-sector expertise and detailed knowledge of various markets, put us in a unique position to take up Custom Research demands of yourself.
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Toll Free No for USA/Canada : 1-866-279-8368
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/researchbook
Follow us on linked in : http://www.linkedin.com/company/bharat-book-bureau
Our Blog : http://blog.bharatbook.com/
Bharat Book Bureau, the leading market research information aggregator provides market research reports, company profiles, country reports, newsletters, and online databases for the past twenty four years to corporate, consulting firms, academic institutions, government departments, agencies etc., globally, including India. Our market research reports help global companies to know different market before starting up business / expanding in different countries across the world.