The Future of 4G Technologies: New opportunities and changing business models for the emergence of LTE and WiMAX
Technological innovation, including 3G, improved smartphones and multiplay mobile Internet devices (MIDs), has led to a boom in data usage with data traffic surpassing voice traffic for the first time in December 2009. Having nearly trebled in 2008 and 2009, global mobile data traffic is expected to double every year until at least 2013. ( http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=144698&rt=The-Future-of-4G-Technologies-New-opportunities-and-changing-business-models-for-the-emergence-of-LTE-and-WiMAX.html )
The wealth of content and mobile applications available to users worldwide puts a strain on mobile networks. Next generation technologies like pre-4G and 4G with their promise of greater speed and spectral efficiency become all the more appealing to the players involved in the ICT value chain. However, the reality is that 80% of mobile connections are still on 2G networks and 3G connections are only available in some areas, even in developed countries, with the exception of a few leading countries.
The 4G proposition sounds very promising but its success will ultimately depend on the availability of new spectrum and wide coverage. The many benefits of 4G may also be wasted unless ICT companies find business models that will not only drive adoption but will also help them to increase revenue.
Key features of this report
• Overview of the market trends, technological and regulatory changes that are shaping the adoption of 4G.
• Identification of the main features of IMT-Advanced and of the principle 4G technology candidates.
• Comparison of the LTE and WiMAX technology families and their respective interest for ICT players.
• Examination of current pre-4G deployments.
• Analysis of the threats and opportunities posed by 4G.
Scope of this report
• Review the current technologies, regulatory factors and industry support impacting the adoption of 4G technologies.
• Identify key changes in consumer usage behavior that drive the need for the greater speed and spectral efficiency afforded by 4G.
• Understand how legacy technologies will influence vendors’ choice of 4G protocol due to the economic and technical implications of deploying each technology.
• Identify the technology family best suited to a chosen 4G strategy based on each technology’s characteristics and individual corporate circumstances.
• Identify the various initiatives in support of each technology candidate in order to revise considered strategies if necessary.
For more information kindly visit : http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=144698&rt=The-Future-of-4G-Technologies-New-opportunities-and-changing-business-models-for-the-emergence-of-LTE-and-WiMAX.html
Real 4G : a comparison of IMT-Advanced candidate technologies
The 4G Era : Public Safety Communications and LTE - Technology and Markets Assessment
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/3bbharatbook
Bharat Book Bureau, the leading market research information aggregator provides market research reports, company profiles, country reports, conferences & seminars, newsletters, and online databases for the past twenty two years to corporate, consulting firms, academic institutions, government departments, agencies etc., globally, including India. Our market research reports help global companies to know different market before starting up business / expanding in different countries across the world.