Diabetes mellitus is a group of metabolic diseases characterized by chronic hyperglycemia - high blood glucose levels - that results from defects in insulin secretion, insulin action, or a combination of these. This chronic hyperglycemia is associated with long-term damage, dysfunction and failure of multiple organs including the eyes, kidneys, nerves, heart and blood vessels. The vast majority of diabetes mellitus patients can be classified as having either Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus (T1DM) or Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2DM). Approximately 85-95% of all diabetics have T2DM.
T2DM treatment has been revolutionized in the past decade, especially with the increased use of new therapies. The marketed products landscape comprises a wide range of treatment options, including biguanide (metformin), sulfonylureas, thiazolidinediones, GLP-1 receptor agonist, DPP-4 inhibitor, SGLT-2 inhibitor, and insulin therapies. Nevertheless, significant unmet need remains for products that can offer better glycemic control as well as the prevention and cure of diabetic complications, such as diabetic nephropathy, retinopathy, and cardiovascular disease.
The current T2DM in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) market contains novel products, including Jardiance - a SGLT-2 inhibitor; Victoza - a GLP-1 receptor agonist; and Galvus - a DPP-4 inhibitor.
- What are the competitive advantages of the existing novel drugs?
With over 500 active pipeline molecules, most of the late-stage investigational drug candidates are being evaluated, featuring improved dosing regimens and administration routes, in comparison to currently marketed products and combination therapies.
- Which classes of novel drugs are most prominent within the pipeline?
- Is there strong potential for the pipeline to address unmet needs within the T2DM market?
Analysis of clinical trials, since 2006, identified that the failure rates of T2DM molecules were highest in Phase II, at 54%, with the overall attrition rate for T2DM at 82.6%.
- How do failure rates vary by product stage of development, molecule type, and mechanism of action?
- How do other factors, such as average trial duration and trial size influence the costs and risks associated with product development?
Over the 2014-2021 forecast period, the T2DM therapeutics in the APAC markets is expected to increase in value at a CAGR of 7.7%, from $6.07 billion to over $10.2 billion.
- Which markets make the most significant contribution to the current market size?
- What are the epidemiology trends in these markets?
- Will new market entrants lead to substantial changes in annual therapy costs?
- How will different treatment usage patterns impact growth in the four assessed Asia-Pacific markets?
Rising T2DM prevalence and the uptake of newer therapies will lead to significant market growth, over the forecast period, despite generic sales erosion resulting from patent expirations.
- Will patent expirations or emerging pipeline molecules threaten the commercial success of existing drugs?
- Which patent expirations will have the most significant impact on the market?
Reasons to buy
This report will enable you to -
- Understand the clinical context of T2DM by considering symptoms, etiology, pathophysiology, epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment options.
- Identify the therapeutic strategies, products, and companies that dominate the current marketed products landscape and recognize gaps and areas of unmet need.
- Identify key pipeline trends in molecule type, administration route, mechanism of action, and novelty.
- Consider market opportunities and potential risks by examining trends in T2DM clinical trial size, duration, and failure rate by stage of development, molecule type, and mechanism of action.
- Recognize the late-stage pipeline molecules that have demonstrated strong therapeutic potential in T2DM by examining clinical trial data and multi-scenario product forecast projections.
- Compare treatment usage patterns, annual therapy costs, and market growth projections for China, India, Australia, and Japan.
- Discover trends in licensing and co-development deals concerning T2DM products and identify the major strategic consolidations that have shaped the commercial landscape.
For more information kindly visit : https://www.bharatbook.com/healthcare-market-research-reports-750136/diabetes-mellitus-therapeutics-asia-pacific.html
About Bharat Book Bureau :
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information provider for market research reports, company profiles, industry analysis, country reports , business reports, newsletters and online databases Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. We cover sectors starting from Aeronautics to Zoology.
In case the reports don’t match your requirement then we can do a specialized Custom Research for you. Our multifarious capabilities, cross-sector expertise and detailed knowledge of various markets, put us in a unique position to take up Custom Research demands of yourself.
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/researchbook
Follow us on Linked In : http://www.linkedin.com/company/bharat-book-bureau
Our Blog : https://www.bharatbook.com/blog/
Bharat Book Bureau, the leading market research information aggregator provides market research reports, company profiles, country reports, newsletters, and online databases for the past twenty four years to corporate, consulting firms, academic institutions, government departments, agencies etc., globally, including India. Our market research reports help global companies to know different market before starting up business / expanding in different countries across the world.