Market Reports on China presents the report, on “Construction in China - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020”. This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in China.
In real terms, the Chinese construction industry’s output contracted by 0.8% in 2015, following an average annual growth of 8.9% during the preceding four years. Weak economic conditions, low global commodity prices, poor fixed-capital investments, high debt-to-GDP ratios and low investment in real estate contributed to this decline.
According to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), the real estate investment growth rate reached 1.0% in 2015, the lowest level since 2011. This was preceded by annual growth of 10.5%, 19.8% and 16.3% in 2014, 2013 and 2012 respectively.
Over the forecast period (2016-2020), the Chinese construction industry is expected to grow more slowly than during the review period (2011-2015), due to poor economic growth. However, expected expansion in the industry over the forecast period will be driven by investment in public infrastructure and renewable energy, and improvements in consumer and investor confidence.
Government flagship programs such as the 13th Five-Year Plan (2016-2020), the National New-Type Urbanization Plan (2014-2020), social housing programs, China’s 2016-2020 Energy Plan and Free Trade Zones (FTZ) schemes are expected to support growth over the forecast period.
The industry’s output value is expected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.12% in real terms over the forecast period to 2020; down from 6.15% during the review period.
Construction in China - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020 report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into the Chinese construction industry, including:
- The Chinese construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
- Analysis of equipment, material and service costs for each project type in China
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, and the risks and opportunities they present to participants in the Chinese construction industry
- Profiles of the leading operators in the Chinese construction industry
- Data highlights of the largest construction projects in China
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in China It provides:
- Historical (2011-2015) and forecast (2016-2020) valuations of the construction industry in China using construction output and value-add methods
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by project type
- Breakdown of values within each project type, by type of activity (new construction, repair and maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) and by type of cost (materials, equipment and services)
- Analysis of key construction industry issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
- Detailed profiles of the leading construction companies in China
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2 Industry Outlook
2.1 Commercial Construction
2.2 Industrial Construction
2.3 Infrastructure Construction
2.4 Energy and Utilities Construction
2.5 Institutional Construction
2.6 Residential Construction
3 Key Issues and Developments
4 Market Data Analysis
4.1 Construction Output and Value Add
Related Reports:Manufacturing and Industry Analysis on China
About Author Bio: Sarah Davis is working with MarketReportsonChina which is a portal where you can access thousands of reports on China starting from Aeronautics to Zinc (A-Z). The website provides market reports on different sectors.
Market Reports on China
Contact No: India: +91 22 27810773