If the alcoholic drinks market had to be summarised with a single threat and a single opportunity it would arguably be these: declining consumption in developed markets; and increasing consumption among the expanding middle classes of emerging markets. Tackling both can be helped with smart consumer segmentations. Alcoholic drinks companies are using these to improve the targeting and take-up of their products, as well as to find the common ground between segments that permit the creation of truly mass global (or at least continental) markets.
In order to counter/benefit from these trends, marketers are appealing to ever more specific consumer segments, as well as boosting the value of sales through premiumization strategies. But in each segmentation covered by this report, there are trends towards homogeneity and trends towards specificity. For instance, to pursue: male and female products versus unisex marketing; youth and senior products versus ageless marketing; Hispanic marketing versus appealing to Mexican immigrants and Caribbean culture separately.
This report provides data on the percentage of consumption accounted for by different demographic groups (by gender, age and income band). It demonstrates how product development targeted towards these different groups is being pursued. And it draws out the key trends that are shaping the future of consumer segmentation in this market.
Key features of this report
• Breakdown of beer, wine and spirits consumption by the most important demographic and income groups.
• Analysis of almost 3,000 launches of targeted alcoholic drinks that took place globally between 2005 and the start of 2010.
• Chapter-by-chapter evaluation of alcoholic drinks launches targeted at different gender, age, ethnic and interest groups.
• Identification of trends in the economy, premium, super-premium, ultra-premium segments – in beer, wine and spirits and across both developed and emerging markets.
• Identification of the key recent trends shaping the market, as well as an evaluation of the next trends likely to become apparent over the coming five years.
• Descriptions and photos of the most noteworthy targeted alcoholic drinks launched over the last five years.
Key benefits from reading this report
• Understand how the myriad of products launched in this market fit together and relate to each other.
• Compare your portfolio and NPD pipeline against the healthier drinking benchmarks set out in the report.
• Prompt your marketing and NPD teams with product ideas from around the world.
• Set goals and objectives for your company’s new product development pipeline.
• Understand the absolute and relative size of each potential consumer segment.
• Prioritise the product and geographical markets best suited to your brand portfolio.
To know more about this report & to buy a copy please visit :
Visionshopsters specializes in providing comprehensive collection of online market research reports, events bookings, country reports, company profiles, latest books and magazines, customized research services offering informative solutions worldwide. We constantly believe in providing inventive solutions to clients all across the globe. Our clientele consists of over thousands of top most academic organizations, financial institutions, trading companies, legal service providers, accounting consultancies and other corporate business executives.