Dark chocolate, also known as “bittersweet” or “semisweet” chocolate, is made from cocoa butter instead of fats such as palm and coconut oils. Dark chocolate carries a rich and intense flavour, and is an excellent source of flavonoids which contribute to its pigment. The greater amount of flavonoids contributes to darker chocolate and potentially greater health benefits. It contains a very high percentage of cocoa solids, generally more than 60% with little or no added sugar. Some of the products manufactured using dark chocolate include chocolate bars, candies and baking chocolate. The latest report by IMARC Group titled, “Dark Chocolate Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2017-2022”, finds that the global dark chocolate market reached a value of US$ 40 Billion in 2016, growing at a CAGR of nearly 8.5% during 2009-2016.
Eating dark chocolate protects the brain from age-related stress and inflammation which play an important role in the neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease. Moreover, it also helps in boosting blood circulation to the brain, which can improve the ability to focus; improving memory, and controlling the anxiety levels. Owing to these factors, the market for dark chocolate is expected to reach a value of US$ around 57 Billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of nearly 9% during 2017-2022.
The report has analysed the global dark chocolate market on the basis of distribution channels, covering super- and hyper-markets, convenience stores and non-grocery retailers. The report has further segmented the market on the basis of region, covering Western Europe, North America, Eastern Europe, Asia, Latin America, Middle East and Africa and Australasia. Currently, Western Europe represents the largest region for dark chocolate, accounting for the majority of the market share.
This report provides a deep insight into the global dark chocolate industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a dark chocolate manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, consultants, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the dark chocolate industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- What are the key success and risk factors in the dark chocolate industry?
- How has the dark chocolate market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the dark chocolate industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a dark chocolate plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a dark chocolate plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a dark chocolate plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a dark chocolate plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a dark chocolate plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a dark chocolate plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a dark chocolate plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a dark chocolate plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a dark chocolate plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of dark chocolate products?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a dark chocolate plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Browse our related reports on above topic : Chocolate Market Report
Follow us on : Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Google Plus
Bharat Book Bureau, the leading market research information aggregator provides market research reports, company profiles, country reports, newsletters, and online databases for the past twenty four years to corporate, consulting firms, academic institutions, government departments, agencies etc., globally, including India. Our market research reports help global companies to know different market before starting up business / expanding in different countries across the world.