- Future growth of global animal healthmarket is expected to be led by inclining prevalence of zoonotic diseases leading to increased demand for animal health products
- Zoetis, MSD Animal Health, Elanco, and Merial are major players operating in animal health products. Diverse portfolios coupled with wide geographical reach are major factors responsible for domination of these companies.
- North America region was the major revenue contributor in animal health market in 2015 owing to the economic stability among animal owners to opt for expensive healthcare products for animals and awareness among people about available treatment options.
Rising level of awareness among the consumers related to zoonotic and other communicable diseases caused by animals such as Q fever, Tularemia, Rabies and others has resulted in increased demand for animal health products. It has been predicted by World Health Organization (WHO) that around 55,000 people present in Asia and Africa, as of August, 2016 are suffering from rabies and the expense of their treatment in cumulative would amount at USD 590 million annually on these two continents. It has also been observed that 13 major zoonotic diseases which majorly include tuberculosis and bird flu are responsible for 2.2 million deaths globally every year. Presently, the global population is highly dependent on animal protein such as milk, meat, eggs and others for their daily needs, which is expected to lead to an increase in the percentage of zoonotic diseases during the future. Owing to these facts, the government of various economies has provided guidelines to use the animal health products for preventing zoonotic diseases, which is helping animal health products in generating higher revenue. Guidelines provided by Public Health England, Washington State Department of Health, National Zoonosis Committee of Ireland, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and WHO are major among many which have resulted in increased use of animal health products.
“In order to penetrate into the growing animal health market, the market players could plan acquisitions, mergers, and joint ventures. Strategic acquisition of Novartis Animal Health by Elanco has helped company in gaining leading position in the market, setting an example for other players.” according to Research Analyst, Ken Research.
Ken Research announced its latest publication on “Global Animal Health Market Forecast to 2020 – Inclining Pet Adoption and Awareness among Animal Husbandry Farmers to Boost Animal Health Market” provides a comprehensive analysis of the animal health market. The report includes the market share contributed by the sales of livestock, companion animals and other animal health products globally for maintaining wellbeing of animals. Further, the market in the study is also differentiated by products which include parasiticides, biologicals, feed additives, and anti-infectives. The market is also segmented by five geographical regions across the globe – North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of the World. Detailed snapshot on key regions of the market which includes North America (US and Canada), Europe (UK, France, Spain, Germany, Denmark, Rest of Developed Countries, and Emerging Economies), Asia Pacific (India, China, Japan, and Australia), and Latin America (Brazil and Mexico) is included in the report to elucidate facts about the market in detail. The study also highlights the detailed information about major drug manufacturers in the global animal health market and their respective shares by revenue in 2015. Various marketing analysis factors such as trends and developments and Porter’s five forces analysis are also added in the study for clear understanding about the factors responsible for present scenario of the market. The future analysis of overall global animal health market has also been discussed along with recommendations from analyst view.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- The market size of Animal Health Market by Revenues
- Market segmentation of Global Animal HealthMarket on the basis By Products – Parasiticides, Biologicals, Anti-infectives, Feed Additives, and Other Pharmaceutical Products; By Species – Companion Animals, Livestock, and Others; By Geographical Regions – North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of the World
- The market size of North America Animal Health Market by Revenues
- Snapshot on US and Canada Animal Health Market
- The market size of Europe Animal Health Market by Revenues
- Snapshot on UK, Germany, France, Spain, Denmark, Other Developed Countries, Emerging Countries Animal Health Market in Europe
- The market size of Asia Pacific Animal Health Market By Revenues
- Snapshot on India, China, Japan, Australia Animal Health Market
- The market size of Latin America Animal Health Market By Revenues
- Snapshot on Brazil and Mexico Animal Health Market
- Trends and Development in Global Animal Health Market
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis of Global Animal Health Market
- Competitive Landscape and Detailed Company Profiles of the Major Market Players
- Future outlook and projections of Global Animal Health Market
- Analyst Recommendations
Key Products Mentioned in the Report
Parasiticides, Ectoparasiticides, Endoparasiticides, Endectocides, Biologicals, Vaccines, Antisera, Feed Additives, Anti Infectives, Marbofloxacin, Beta Lactams
Key Market Players Covered in the Report:
Zoetis, MSD Animal Health, Merial, Elanco, Virbac, Vetoquinol, Bayer AG, Boehringer Ingelheim, Ceva Sante Animale
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & CommunicationsAnkur@kenresearch.com
Ken Research is a Global aggregator and publisher of Market intelligence research reports, equity reports, data base directories and economy reports. Our market research reports provides market sizing analysis, insights on promising industry segments, competition, future outlook and growth drivers in the space. The company is engaged in data analytics and aids clients in due-diligence, product expansion, plant setup, acquisition intelligence to all the other gamut of objectives through our research focus.