Global fruit & vegetable seeds market projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.10%
The global fruit & vegetable seeds market is projected to reach a value of USD 14.00 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 8.10% from 2016. This market is projected to grow exponentially due to factors such as increasing demand for food by the growing population and advancement in farming practices & techniques, and rise in preference for fruit & vegetable seeds. The change in farming practices (from traditional to conventional), clubbed with advanced technologies and promotion by the governments of many countries across the world also drives the demand for fruit & vegetable seeds in the agricultural sector. However, factors such as regulations in cultivation of GM crops and climate resilience, are restraining the growth of the fruit & vegetable seeds market.
Leafy segment of fruit & vegetable seeds is projected to be the fastest growing market from 2016 to 2022
On the basis of type, the leafy segment is projected to grow at the highest growth rate from 2016 to 2022. This segment includes plants, such lettuce, spinach, and others such as kale, and Swiss chard, mustard greens, collard greens. Constant investments for production facilities that encourage seed quality and sustainability by the seed companies are resulting in an increase in demand for such fruit & vegetable seeds.
Conventional seeds segment led the market with the largest share in 2015
On the basis of trait, the fruit & vegetable seeds market has been segmented into GM and conventional. The market was led by conventional trait followed by GM. Conventional seeds are largely used by farmers because of its high efficiency, ease of use, and availability.
Asia-Pacific dominated the market with the largest share
Asia-Pacific formed the largest market for fruit & vegetable seeds in 2015, whereas Europe accounted for the second-largest market share in 2015. The North American region is projected to be growing at the highest growth rate from 2016 to 2022. Growth in the agriculture sector in countries such as U.S., Canada, and Mexico is promoting the growth of the fruit & vegetable seeds market in the region. The global fruit & vegetable seeds market is segmented region-wise, with a detailed analysis of each region by studying the key markets. These regions include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Rest of the World (RoW).
Breakdown of profile of primary participants is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 30 %, Tier 2 – 45%, and Tier 3 – 25%
- By Designation: Directors – 22%, C level – 28%, and Manager level – 50%
- By Region: North America – 35%, Europe – 23%, Asia-Pacific – 32%, and RoW – 10%
The fruit & vegetable seeds market is dominated by Bayer CropScience (Germany), Syngenta AG (Switzerland), Monsanto (U.S), Groupe Limagrain (France) and Sakata Seed Corp (Japan). Other players include Advanta Limited (India), Takii & Co. Ltd. (Japan), Mahindra Agri (India), and Western Bio Vegetable Seed Pvt. Ltd. (India).
- This study estimates the global market of fruit & vegetable seeds, in terms of dollar value, till 2022, segmented on the basis of type, trait, form, and farm type.
- It offers a detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of this market with reference to the competitive landscape, and the preferred development strategies such as agreements, expansions, mergers, and acquisitions to gain a larger share in the market.
- It provides a comprehensive review of major market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, winning imperatives, and key issues of the market.
- It covers various important aspects of the market. These include analysis of the value chain, competitive landscape, market dynamics, market estimates in terms of value, and future trends in the fruit & vegetable seeds market.
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the fruit & vegetable seeds market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on fruit & vegetable seeds offered by the top players in the global fruit & vegetable seeds market.
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the fruit & vegetable seeds market.
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets—the report analyzes the markets for fruit & vegetable seeds across various regions.
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global fruit & vegetable seeds market.
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global fruit & vegetable seeds market.
About Bharat Book Bureau:
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information provider for market research reports, company profiles, industry analysis, country reports, business reports, newsletters and online databases Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. We cover sectors starting from Aeronautics to Zoology.
In case the reports don’t match your requirement then we can do a specialized Custom Research for you. Our multifarious capabilities, cross-sector expertise and detailed knowledge of various markets, put us in a unique position to take up Custom Research demands of yourself.
Contact us at:
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Follow us on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/BharatBook3B
Follow us on Twitter:https://twitter.com/researchbook
Follow us on Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bharat-book-bureau
Our Blog: https://www.bharatbook.com/blog/
Bharat Book Bureau, the leading market research information aggregator provides market research reports, company profiles, country reports, newsletters, and online databases for the past twenty four years to corporate, consulting firms, academic institutions, government departments, agencies etc., globally, including India. Our market research reports help global companies to know different market before starting up business / expanding in different countries across the world.