Segmentation of the LNG carrier market can be done on the basis of capacity added per type of technology and geography. Prismatic Design, Moss Type and Membrane type are the major type of vessels used to transport LNG.
Declining prices of natural gas means we could witness a three way battle between coal, crude and natural gas over becoming the choice of primary fuel. Although, not as cheap as coal and crude oil, the natural gas is a clean fuel and fits the global consensus of reducing the global carbon footprint. According to Exxon Mobil, the demand for natural gas which is essentially methane is expected to double by 2040, that is, more than for any other kind of fuel. Moreover, EIA forecasts that natural gas is likely to become a vital cog of future primary energy demand and is expected to account for nearly 29% of total primary energy consumed in the U.S. The surge in demand for natural gas is likely to have favorable impact on the midstream segment of oil and gas industry as the produced gas would be required to be shipped from production areas to the demand centers across the world. Gas carriers or what we call LNG vessels are of the prime choice while dealing with outbound gas transportation across oceans, and can (demand) experience strong tailwinds.
- Segments Covered:
- Segmentation of the LNG carrier market can be done on the basis of capacity added per type of technology and geography. Prismatic Design, Moss Type and Membrane type are the major type of vessels used to transport LNG. Majority of the LNG Vessels are in between 4,400,000 to 4,800,000 cu ft. in capacity and contains facilities to maintain cryogenic temperatures for storage of natural gas.
- A huge wave of upcoming LNG projects across Oceania and North America will certainly augment the demand for LNG Carriers. Shale gas boom in the U.S. has completely upturned the natural gas supply scenario. The U.S. which used to be one of the largest buyers of super chilled fuel is now converting its re-gasification terminals into the exporting (Liquefaction) terminals. Four LNG export terminals namely Corpus Christi, Cameron LNG Terminal, Cove Point and Freeport with combined capacity of more than 6 Bcf/d are under construction and are expected to be online before 2021. Once completed, these projects will certainly boost the demand for LNG carriers. Similarly several LNG projects are expected to come online before 2020 in Australia, that will make country one of the largest LNG producer across the globe. It is to be noted that there is a direct and a close linkage between the demand for natural gas and LNG carriers. Thus any factor enhancing demand or production of natural gas is bound to augment the demand for gas carriers as well. Despite a multitude of positive factors restraints such as dwindling Chinese and European Economy (leads to less consumption of primary energy), restart of nuclear reactors in Japan (possible switch back to nuclear fuel for power generation) and regular cost overruns amid dwindling oil and gas prices leading to a delay in scheduled start date of LNG projects could dampen or delay the demand for LNG carriers. The report covers the analysis of global as well as regional markets of LNG carrier market. Moreover, the report provides deep insights on demand forecasts, market trends and micro and macro indicators. In addition, this report provides insights on the factors that are driving and restraining the demand globally as well as regionally. Moreover, Infinium Global Research- Growth Matrix analysis given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider. The report provides insights into the market using analytical tools such as Porter’s five forces analysis and value chain analysis of LNG carrier. Moreover, the study highlights current market trends and provides forecast from 2016 to 2021. We also have highlighted future trends in the LNG carrier that will impact the demand during the forecast period. Moreover, the competitive analysis given in each regional market brings an insight on the market share of the leading players. Additionally, the analysis highlights rise and fall in the market shares of the key players in the market. This report will help manufacturers, suppliers and distributors to understand the present and future trends in this market and formulate their strategies accordingly.
- Companies Profiled:
- Samsung Heavy Industries
- Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- STX Offshore & Shipbuilding Co., Ltd.
- China State Shipbuilding Corporation
Table of Content include in this Report
1.1. Report description
1.2. Research methods
1.3. Research approaches
2. Executive summary
3. Global LNG Carrier Market Overview
3.2. Market dynamics
3.3. Porter’s five forces analysis
3.4. Infinium Global Research-Growth matrix analysis
3.5. Competitive landscape in the LNG Carriers market, 2014 – 2015
4. Global LNG Carriers Market Analysis –Technology, by Volume and Revenue, 2015 – 2022 (Cubic Feet) (USD Million)
4.1. Moss Type
4.2. Prism Type
4.3. Membrane Type
5. Global LNG Carriers Market Analysis, Regional Analysis by Volume and Revenue, 2015 – 2022 (Cubic Feet) (USD Million)
5.1. North America
5.1.1. North America LNG Carriers market by Technology type (Cubic Feet) (USD Million)
184.108.40.206. The U.S. LNG Carriers market
5.2.1. Europe LNG Carriers market by LNG Carriers market by Technology type (Cubic Feet) (USD Million)
5.3. Asia Pacific
5.3.1. Asia Pacific LNG Carriers market by LNG Carriers market by Technology type (Cubic Feet) (USD Million)
5.4. Rest of the World (RoW)
5.4.1. RoW LNG Carriers market by LNG Carriers market by Technology type (Cubic Feet) (USD Million)
6. Company profiles
6.1. Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering (DSME)
6.2. Samsung Heavy Industries
6.3. STX Offshore & Shipbuilding Co., Ltd.
6.4. Hyundai Heavy Industries Co.
6.5. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
6.6. Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL)
6.7. China State Shipbuilding Corporation
6.8. Kawasaki Heavy Industries
6.9. GasLog Ltd
6.10. Dynagas LTD
Infinium Global Research and Consulting Solutions is started with a single motto of being business partner of first choice. We at Infinium work on the strengths of our clients to ensure we help them consolidate their market position. We firmly believe in the fact that ‘if you are able to develop newer opportunities then you find there is no dearth of opportunities for you’. With our strategic research approaches and deep dive in the market segments, we try to find out new opportunities that our clients can encash with their existing resources. Our experts with over 100 years of cumulative experience in research offer the best in the industry services to our clients to ensure that they achieve their business goals.