Marketresearchdata.net has added a new report on OpportunityAnalyzer: NASH - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2026. The report predicts the market size of NASH Market is expected to reach XX billion by 2026.
First described in 1980, nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) (ICD-10-CM = K75.81) is a condition that develops as a subgroup of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) when excessive fat buildup is accompanied by liver cell injury and inflammation. NAFLD is defined by excessive fat accumulation in the form of triglycerides (steatosis) in the liver. Progression of this condition to NASH dramatically increases the risk of cirrhosis, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma, and it is therefore a potentially fatal condition.
Global Data estimates the 2016 sales for the NASH market at approximately $618m across the 7MM, encompassing the US, the five major European Union countries (5EU: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK), and Japan. Over the course of the 10-year forecast period, the NASH market will grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 45.0% across the 7MM. The US and Japanese markets are both anticipated to grow significantly, recording CAGRs of 48.1% and 50.7%, respectively, while the 5EU will record a CAGR of 30.6%. At the end of 2026, the US will account for around 88% of global sales, while the 5EU and Japan will account for around 10% and 2% of sales, respectively. The higher sales numbers for the US can be attributed to the higher prices of pharmaceuticals and the greater diagnosed prevalence of NASH in the region, as well as the launch of more pipeline agents in this region.
- Overview of NASH, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and current management strategies.
- Topline NASH market revenue from 2016-2026. Annual cost of therapy (ACOT) and major pipeline product sales in this forecast period are included.
- Key topics covered include current treatment options, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting NASH therapeutics sales in the 7MM.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline products.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global NASH therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
2 Executive Summary
4 Disease Overview
6 Current Treatment Options
7 Unmet Needs Assessment and Opportunity Analysis
8 R&D Strategies
9 Pipeline Assessment
10 Pipeline Valuation Analysis