Bharat Book Bureau Provides the Trending Market Research Report on Global Prawn Market Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2017-2022 under Food & Bevarages category. The report provides information on industry overview, market size, latest developments, industry trends, Key players, global presence, and their future prospects.
Prawn is a marine crustacean with an exoskeleton and ten legs, resembling a large shrimp. The consumption of prawns offers numerous health benefits as they are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and are known to improve cardiovascular circulation. On account of this, they are widely caught and farmed commercially and are easily available worldwide. This has also made prawns an important part of various cuisines and one of the most traded seafood species. “Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2017-2022”, the global prawn market reached a volume of nearly 5 Million Tons in 2016.
Seafood is considered one of the healthy sources of animal protein. As prawns are one of the most popular seafood types, shifting food habits towards the consumption of seafood has provided a thrust to the global prawn market. Moreover, prawns form an essential part of the staple diets of many regions, especially those near the seashore. Since the people living in these regions are largely dependent on prawns for their protein intake, this has resulted in a large consumer-base. Some of the other factors that have contributed to the growth of the global prawn market are the convenience attached with processed prawns available in ready-to-eat packaging, increasing urban population in the developing regions, and rapid growth of aquaculture across the globe. Further, the market is expected to reach a volume of more than 6 Million Tons by 2022, growing at a CAGR of more than 4% during 2017-2022.
Request a free sample copy of Prawn Market Report @
The report has segmented the global prawn market on the basis of species including penaeus vannamei, penaeus monodon and others, wherein penaeus vannamei is the most popular. Based on the type of processed prawn, peeled prawn is the largest type, followed by shell-on prawn, cooked prawn, and breaded prawn. On the basis of geography, China represents the leading market, accounting for majority of the total share. Other major regions include Indonesia, Vietnam, India, Thailand and Ecuador.
This report provides a deep insight into the global prawn industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a prawn processing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the prawn industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global prawn market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global prawn industry?
- What are the major species in the global prawn industry?
- What are the major types of processed prawns in the global prawn industry?
- What are the price trends of prawn?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global prawn industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global prawn industry?
- What is the structure of the global prawn industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global prawn industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global prawn industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a prawn processing plant?
- How are prawns processed?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a prawn processing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a prawn processing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a prawn processing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a prawn processing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for prawns?
- What are the transportation requirements for prawns?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a prawn processing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a prawn processing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a prawn processing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a prawn processing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a prawn processing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a prawn processing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Browse our full report with Table of Contents :
About Bharat Book Bureau:
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information provider for market research reports, company profiles, industry study, country reports, business reports, newsletters and online databases. Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. We cover sectors starting from Aeronautics to Zoology.
Contact us at:
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Follow us on : Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus
Bharat Book Bureau, the leading market research information aggregator provides market research reports, company profiles, country reports, newsletters, and online databases for the past twenty four years to corporate, consulting firms, academic institutions, government departments, agencies etc., globally, including India. Our market research reports help global companies to know different market before starting up business / expanding in different countries across the world.