Nov 07, 2013 : Bharat Book Bureau presents the new report, on 'India Spices Market Outlook to FY 2018' Spices market in India has registered a double digit growth of 10.0% over the period FY’2007-FY’2013 in terms of revenue. The leading factors which have been propelling the market over the period last six fiscal years include surging demand for packaged spices, emerging market of organic spices, swelling demand for spice mixes and influx of regional as well as global players in the market. In India, unorganized segment dominates the spices market with a ~% share in the revenues being generated from the sales of spice products in FY’2013. Unorganized segment includes all the unbranded spices sold in India. The organized segment of India spices market accounted for a market share of ~% in terms of revenue in FY’2013. The organized segment comprises of majority of the branded spices being sold in India. Some of the major players operating in the unorganized market are MDH, Everest, MTR and others. Owing to the mounting demand for packaged spices, the share of organized segment has witnessed an incline over the past few years.
The leading state on the basis of production of spices in FY’2013 was Andhra Pradesh with a ~% share, followed by Gujarat, Rajasthan, Orissa and Madhya Pradesh. These five leading states accounted for a share of ~% of the total production of spices in India in FY’2013. The demand for organic spices is increasing, given the increasing health consciousness among the urban population. Among the three major clients of spices manufacturers including retail, industrial and catering sector, retail sector dominated the total spices consumption while industrial sector accounted for ~% and the catering sector which includes hotels and restaurants accounted for the smallest share in spices consumption in fiscal year 2013. On the basis of major spices, chilly market was the leading segment in terms of volume of production, followed by garlic, turmeric, ginger and coriander in FY’2013. These top five spices accounted for a share of ~% in the total production of spices in India. In terms of competition, the spices market in India is a highly fragmented market with the presence of many regional players in the market space. Everest was the leading player in the market followed by MDH, Eastern Condiments, Catch and MTR.
The revenues from India spices market are expected to grow to over USD 16,600 million in FY’2018, growing with a CAGR of 15.5 % from FY’2013 to FY’2018. The highest contribution to this growth is expected to come from spice mixes and branded spices, increasing area under the cultivation of spices, expanding Spices Board of India’s expenditure, swelling population of India, inclining consumer expenditure on food in India, surging India restaurant market size, increasing number of registered hotels and restaurants in India, augmenting FDI in food processing industry in India and booming catering market in India.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- The market size of India spices market.
- The market size of India chilly market.
- The market size of India garlic market.
- The market size of India turmeric market.
- The market size of India ginger market.
- The market size of India coriander market.
- The market size of India other spices market.
- The market size of India spice oils and oleoresins market.
- Market segmentation of spices on the basis of organized and unorganized market, organic and inorganic spices, clients including retail, industrial and catering sector, urban and rural consumption, production of major spices, consumption of major spices and geography.
- Market segmentation of India chilly market on the basis of geography.
- Market segmentation of India garlic market on the basis of geography.
- Market segmentation of India turmeric market on the basis of geography.
- Market segmentation of India ginger market on the basis of geography.
- Market segmentation of India coriander market on the basis of geography.
- Market segmentation of India spice oils and oleoresins market on the basis of different spices.
- Trends and Development in India spices market.
- Competitive landscape and detailed company profiles of the major manufacturers of spices in India.
- Future outlook and projections of India spices market on the basis of revenues in India.
Table of contents :
1. India Spices Market Introduction
1.1. Government Regulations and Support Scheme
Spices Board of India and its Regulatory Role
Promotion and Support Schemes
1.2. Value Chain of the Indian Spices Market
2. India Spice Market Size by Revenue and Volume, FY’2007-FY’2013
2.1. By Production, FY’2007-FY’2013
2.2. By Consumption, FY’2007-FY’2013
3. India Spices Market Segmentation
3.1. By Organized and Unorganized Segment, FY’2007-FY’2013
3.2. By Geography: Top Ten Spice Producing States, FY’2007-FY’2013
3.3. By Organic and Inorganic Spices, FY’2013
3.4. By Clients: Retail Sector, Industrial Sector and Catering Sector, FY’2013
3.5. By Urban and Rural Consumption, FY’2013
3.6. By Production of Major Spices, FY’2007-FY’2013
3.7. By Consumption of Major Spices, FY’2007-FY’2013
3.7.1. India Chilly Market Introduction and Size, FY’2007-FY’2013
188.8.131.52. India Chilly Market Segmentation on the basis of Top Five Chilly Producing States, FY’2008-FY’2013
3.7.2. India Garlic Market Introduction and Size, FY’2007-FY’2013
184.108.40.206. India Garlic Market Segmentation on the basis of Top Five Garlic Producing States, FY’2008-FY’2013
3.7.3. India Turmeric Market Size, FY’2007-FY’2013
220.127.116.11. India Turmeric Market Segmentation on the basis of Top Five Turmeric Producing States, FY’2008-FY’2013
3.7.4. India Ginger Market Size, FY’2007-FY’2013
18.104.22.168. India Ginger Market Segmentation By Top Five Ginger Producing States, FY’2008-FY’2013
3.7.5. India Coriander Market Introduction and Size, FY’2007-FY’2013
22.214.171.124. India Coriander Market Segmentation on the basis of Top Five Coriander Producing States, FY’2008-FY’2013
3.7.6. India Other Spices Market Size, FY’2007-FY’2013
4. India Spices Exports, FY’2007-FY’2013
5. India Spices Imports, FY’2007-FY’2013
6. Spice Related Markets in India
6.1. India Spice Oils and Oleoresins Market Introduction and Size, FY’2008-FY’2013
6.2. India Spice Oils and Oleoresins Market Segmentation on the basis of different spices, FY’2012
7. India Spice Market Competitive Landscape
7.1. Market Share of Major Spices Companies in India, FY’2013
8. India Spice Market Trends and Development
Increasing Demand for Organic Spices
Establishment of Spice Parks
E-auctioning of Cardamom
Price Deflation of Major Spices
From Straight Spices to Spice Mixes (Masala)
Surging Demand for Packaged/Branded Spices
Incresing Acquisitions in the India Spices Market
9. India Spices Market Future Outlook and Projections, FY2014-FY2018
9.1. India Spices Market Cause and Effect Relationship
About Bharat Book Bureau:
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information provider for market research reports, , company profiles, industry analysis , country reports , business reports, newsletters and online databases Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. We cover sectors starting from Aeronautics to Zoology.
In case the reports don't match your requirement then we can do a specialized Custom Research for you. Our multifarious capabilities, cross-sector expertise and detailed knowledge of various markets, put us in a unique position to take up Custom Research demands of yourself.
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Toll Free No for USA/Canada : 1-866-279-8368
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/researchbook
Follow us on linked in : http://www.linkedin.com/company/bharat-book-bureau
Our Blog : http://blog.bharatbook.com/
Bharat Book Bureau, the leading market research information aggregator provides market research reports, company profiles, country reports, newsletters, and online databases for the past twenty four years to corporate, consulting firms, academic institutions, government departments, agencies etc., globally, including India. Our market research reports help global companies to know different market before starting up business / expanding in different countries across the world.