Bharatbook.com announces inclusion of latest report on "Indian Diabetes Market Report & Outlook For 2010-2015"(http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=152255&rt=Indian-Diabetes-Market-Report-Outlook-For-2010-2015.html) With around 51 Million diabetes patients, India promises to be amongst the most lucrative diabetes markets in the world. In 2009, the total sales of Insulin and Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics reached US$ 424 Million. Although, this represents just a fraction of the global sales, IMARC expects this market to surge in the future.
In 2009, Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics occupied 72% of the total diabetes market. Biguanides represented the leading drug class with a 43% market share. In the next five years, IMARC expects newer classes such as DPP-IV Inhibitors and GLP-1 Agonists to drive the Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market. From a market share of 6% in 2009, IMARC expects DPP-IV Inhibitors to occupy 17% of the total Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market by 2015.
Unlike Non-Insulin’s, the Insulin market in India was concentrated with the top five players occupying 96% of the total market. The Insulin market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 25% between 2010 and 2015, registering sales worth US$448 Million. During the next five years, the main drivers of this market will be the growth in the total drug treated population coupled with a much improved access and administration of Insulin.
* A growing drug treated population coupled with the launch of several new drugs will drive the Indian diabetes market to US$1.4 Billion by 2015.
* In 2009, the market for Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics was worth US$ 306 Million. This represented a highly fragmented market with USV being the leading player with a 14% share.
* USV’s Glycomet GP (Glimepiride+Metformin) was the leading drug in the Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market with sales worth nearly US$ 10.5 Million
* IMARC expects around 15 new Drugs to be launched in the Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market in the next five years. Seven of them are expected to be in the DPP-IV Inhibitor and GLP-1 Agonist classes.
* The Insulin Market was worth US$ 117 Million in 2009. Abbott was India’s biggest player accounting for 61% of the total sales.
* Sanofi Aventi’s Lantus (Insulin Glargine) represented one of the fastest growing drugs in the last five year and registered sales worth nearly 11 Million in 2009
* The total number of diabetes patients in India is expected to reach 87 Million by 2030. Around 56% of these patients will be from urban regions.
Forecasts: The report provides forecasts on:
* Number of diabetes patients
* Diagnosis and treatment rates in India
* Diabetes market
* Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market
All other Non-Insulin Anti-diabetic classes
* Insulin market
Competitive Landscape: This section covers:
* 2005-2009 sales and market shares of top players in the diabetes market
* 2005-2009 sales and market shares of top players in the Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market
* 2005-2009 sales and market shares of top players in various Non-Insulin drug classes
* 2005-2009 sales of top drugs comprising the portfolio of key players in various Non-Insulin drug classes
* 2005-2009 sales and market shares of top players in the Insulin market
* 2005-2009 sales of top drugs comprising the portfolio of key players in the Insulin market.
Key Questions Answered in this report
* What is the total size of the diabetes population in India and what are it’s characteristics?
* What are the diagnosis and drug treatment rates for diabetes in India?
* What are the key factors driving the growth of diabetes medication in India?
* What is the size and breakup of the total diabetes market in India?
* What is the size and breakup of the total Non-Insulin diabetes market in India?
* What is the size and breakup of the total Insulin market in India?
* Who are the key players in the Indian diabetes market and how have they performed?
* What is the outlook of the Indian diabetes market in the next five years?
* Which new products are expected to be launched in the next five years?
* Which therapy classes will show the highest growth in the next five years?
* What are the road blocks in the Indian diabetes market?
OR Contact us at
Bharatbook.com announces inclusion of latest report on "Indian Diabetes Market Report & Outlook For 2010-2015"