Glass is a material that has been used in the food and drinks industry as a form of packaging and is often used for premium purposes. The material also has a number of ethical benefits such as being recyclable and reusable and is one of the only materials that can be easily recycled as part of a simple process. Furthermore, the structure of the material will not deteriorate when reprocessed.
The global glass packaging market for food and drinks was valued at about $26bn in the year ended December 2009. In Western Europe and the US, the market is fairly mature. However, growth in the industry will primarily come from the key emerging markets such as China, India and Russia. Ethical concerns relating to sustainable packaging will drive innovation and demand for glass packaging.
The report contains a summary of innovative and novel products in glass packaging launched between May 2006 and April 2009 as reported by Product Launch Analytics, an in-house database of new product launches. Innovation and NPD are analyzed by region and end-user industry and emerging market trends are illustrated in the report.
• Key trends, market drivers and resistors to the growth of global glass packaging market.
• Role of the key sustainability factors associated with glass that positions it as a preferred packaging material across food and drinks sectors.
• Analysis of food and drinks launched in innovative glass packaging between 2006 and 2009 from the data sourced from Product Launch Analytics.
• NPD and innovation trends in glass packaging across various geographies and food and drinks categories.
• An investigation into the role played by NPD and innovations in glass packaging for product differentiation among food and drinks manufacturers.
• Predict future growth areas in glass packaging based on this report’s findings on packaging innovations and NPD by food and drinks categories primarily in Europe, Asia-Pacific and North America.
• Identify key trends that are shaping the glass packaging market and examine the key market drivers over the next five years detailing trends in packaging innovation.
• Improve the targeting and effectiveness of your NPD strategy using this report’s analysis of products launch data of over 22,000 product launched between 2006–09.
• Learn from the NPD and innovations in glass packaging by major players in the global market for packaging materials to effectively replicate their successes in the future growth markets.
• Discover the impact of consumer and sustainability/regulatory drivers on glass packaging market and examine the most innovative products launched and areas of opportunity for the manufacturers.
The FDA in the US designates glass as a ‘Generally Recognized as Safe’ (GRAS) packaging material. The safety of glass is primarily attributed to its two features: inertness and impermeability. Glass containers offer better protection for sensitive food and drugs due to its impermeable nature.
The global glass packaging market for food and drinks was valued at about $26bn in the year ended December 2009. Asia-Pacific is the largest glass packaging market with 35.7% share by value while Europe registered a 30.7% share in this market in 2009.
Europe is the largest market with 47.3% share of all new food and drinks launched in glass packages in 2009. Asia-Pacific ranked second in order after Europe, recording 20.0% share of all NPD in food and drinks in glass packaging in 2009, an increase of 3.3 percentage points over 2006.
Among all new food and drinks launched in 2009, 15.5% were packaged in glass, a decline of 0.7 percentage points over 2006. Food products accounted for the largest share, 49.6% of all new launches made in glass packaging in 2009, an increase of 6.7 percentage points over 2006. Increasing use of glass packaging in sauces, dressings and condiments, and sweet and savory spreads contributed to the growth in share of foods with glass packaging through 2006–09.
To know more about this report & to buy a copy please visit :
Visionshopsters specializes in providing comprehensive collection of online market research reports, events bookings, country reports, company profiles, latest books and magazines, customized research services offering informative solutions worldwide. We constantly believe in providing inventive solutions to clients all across the globe. Our clientele consists of over thousands of top most academic organizations, financial institutions, trading companies, legal service providers, accounting consultancies and other corporate business executives.