New Approaches to Pharma R and D Evolving strategies to rejuvenate R and D efficiency
With industry consolidation, the economic downturn, and an increasing threat from generics, pharma companies are coming under greater pressure to fill their pipelines with innovative drugs. However, despite the costs and risks involved in drug development, the pharma industry is finding new ways to streamline the R&D process in an effort to increase efficiency and output.( http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=99134&rt=New-Approaches-to-Pharma-R-and-D-Evolving-strategies-to-rejuvenate-R-and-D-efficiency.html )
Scope of this research
* Overview of ongoing trends affecting R&D and how these will shape Pharma in the future
* R&D Insight from Big Pharma industry executives
* Analysis into Pharma's evolving R&D portfolio between 2006 and 2009, in addition to examination of pipeline M&A and collaborative deals
* Case studies of innovative strategies used to maximize R&D productivity
Research and analysis highlights
GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer and AstraZeneca have the largest preclinical and clinical drug pipelines, each with approximately 200 candidates in development as of March 2009. In terms of volume growth Genentech's pipeline grew the most in terms of percentage points, almost doubling (up 95%).
Over the period 200609, the average growth per therapy area was 9.4%. In terms of percentage points, the therapy area experiencing the largest growth in pipeline candidates was ophthalmology, while cardiovascular pipelines saw the largest decline, indicative of Pharma's shift towards niche markets and personalized medicines.
The number of pipeline deals made during 200608 have steadily declined. However, with Biotech finding it hard to fund R&D at present, and with many companies going bankrupt, this will affect Big Pharma in the longer term, which is increasingly downsizing internal research becoming ever reliant on external sources.
Key reasons to purchase this research
* Identify R&D trends in today's pharmaceutical market, and how these affect productivity and return on investment
* Understand how a diverse range of strategies can improve R&D productivity and output, and identify how these can best be implemented
* Gain insight into how to optimize R&D processes and increase the chance of clinical, and ultimately commercial success
For more information kindly visit : http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=99134&rt=New-Approaches-to-Pharma-R-and-D-Evolving-strategies-to-rejuvenate-R-and-D-efficiency.html
China Pharmaceutical Market Overview
Pharmaceuticals: Global Industry Guide
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/3bbharatbook
Bharat Book Bureau, the leading market research information aggregator provides market research reports, company profiles, country reports, conferences & seminars, newsletters, and online databases for the past twenty two years to corporate, consulting firms, academic institutions, government departments, agencies etc., globally, including India. Our market research reports help global companies to know different market before starting up business / expanding in different countries across the world.