HTML clipboardThe report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights on the South African packaging industry, including:
- Current, historic and forecast values and trends for the South African packaging industry, including individual categories
- Comprehensive, country-specific analysis of the industry’s market attractiveness, covering key trends and drivers, South Africa’s competitive landscape and benchmarking with other key markets
- Description and analysis of the packaging categories and end-user markets for the overall packaging industry
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis of all individual categories and the overall packaging industry
The South African packaging industry recorded significant growth during the review period due to an increase in consumer expenditure on food and a rising demand from end-user markets like food and beverages, pharmaceuticals and personal care products. During the review period, the industry posted a CAGR 6.05% to reach a market value of US$6.6 billion in 2011. Of the end-user markets, the food and beverages market is expected to generate the most business for the industry. In addition, the rising demand for pharmaceuticals and personal care products is also aiding packaging industry growth. Other factors that will affect the South African packaging industry over the forecast period are the population’s changing lifestyles, cheaper imports due to low excise duty, technological advancements, recycling trends, and a structural shift from plastics to glass. Over the forecast period, the South African packaging industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.62% to reach a market value of US$9 billion in 2016.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the packaging industry in South Africa
- It provides historical values for South Africa’s packaging industry for the report’s 2007–2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2016 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in South Africa’s packaging industry, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It details the different macroeconomic factors affecting the packaging industry in South Africa
- It covers an exhaustive summary on the key trends and drivers affecting the end-user markets in packaging
- Using Porter’s industry-standard “Five Forces” analysis, it details the competitive landscape in South Africa for the packaging industry
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the South African packaging industry and each category within it
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities within the South African packaging industry
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the packaging industry
- Identify the growth opportunities and industry dynamics within five key packaging categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the South African packaging industry
- In terms of market size, paper and board packaging accounted for the largest share of the domestic packaging industry revenue of US$2.4 billion in 2011, representing 35.8% of the total packaging industry.
- Active and smart packaging has been gaining popularly in the South African food and beverages industry. Companies use active packaging to preserve the quality and extend the shelf life of packaged food.
- The highly competitive South African packaging industry registered several mergers and acquisitions during the review period. Leading companies adopted this strategy in order to strengthen their position in the local market.
- The most widely used pharmaceutical packaging forms are cartons, blisters, tubes, ampoules, envelopes and strips, and within the market, plastic and metal blister packaging is used more frequently than glass bottles.
For more information kindly visit :
Packaging Industry Outlook in South Africa: Market Size, Key Trends, Drivers
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B
Our Blogs: http://researchbook.typepad.com/blog/
Bharat Book Bureau, the leading market research information aggregator provides market research reports, company profiles, country reports, newsletters, and online databases for the past twenty four years to corporate, consulting firms, academic institutions, government departments, agencies etc., globally, including India. Our market research reports help global companies to know different market before starting up business / expanding in different countries across the world.