- The Used Car Industry Is projected to grow at a phenomenal CAGR during 2017-2021 on the basis of Transaction Value, amounting to USD 9.9 billion during 2021.
- The stable change in market structure of the used car industry from an unorganized market structure to a relatively organized market, rising discretionary spending of individuals and reduction in ownership patterns in expected to augment sales of used cars.
- The reduction in ownership pattern will cause influx of a wide variety of car models into the used car industry, giving customers more choice while purchasing used cars.
Ken Research announced its latest publication on “Indonesia Used Car Industry Outlook to 2021 - Increasing Online Used Car Portals and Competitive Used Car Financing Schemes to Foster Future Growth” provides a comprehensive analysis regarding the performance of the Used Car Industry in Indonesia. The gross transaction value and sales volume of the industry have been segmented on the basis of organized and unorganized market. The market has also been segmented by sales volume on the basis of type of car, major cities, marketing channels and vehicle use. The report also covers market share in the online segment along with the competitive landscape of used car companies, used car financing schemes, government regulation and working model of the Used Car industry. This report will help industry consultants, local used car dealers, online auto classified portals, multi-brand used car showroom dealers, potential entrants and other stakeholders to align their market centric strategies according to the ongoing and expected trends in the future.
The transaction value generated from the sale of used cars in Indonesia is projected to grow manifold in the coming years during the period 2017-2021. The entry of new players including multi-brand outlets and online aggregators in expected to further stimulate growth in revenues of the used car industry. The market is expected to be driven by higher sales of luxury cars and MPV’s due to the increasing brand consciousness coupled with the growth in number of large families.
The reduction in ownership pattern will cause an influx of a wide variety of car models into the used car industry, giving customers more choice while purchasing used cars. Financial institutions will look to tap the growing potential of the used car industry by offering lucrative loans at low interest rate and easy payment plans to incentivize more customers to purchase used cars. The increasing presence of online auto classified portals including Carmudi, Mobilwow, Rajamobil and Mobil123 will ease transactions, causing higher C2C sales of used cars in the future. Local dealers will continue to dominate the used car industry in the future as a result of the lucrative pricing offered by them for a variety of car brands and models. In addition to this, one-on-one interaction between dealer and buyers has incentivized the latter to use this channel to procure used cars.
According to Research Analyst at Ken Research, the government of Indonesia should charge a one-time fee for STNK (vehicle registration) which should include legal fees, taxes and road insurance. This would simplify the whole process of car ownership transfer between the first and second owner and a single fee charged for the whole process would cost much lower compared to the current process followed. Moreover, local dealers use online auto portals, newspaper advertisements and word of mouth marketing to sell their used car inventory. Indonesians are willing to pay a higher price for quality cars that offer maximum reliability. Dealers can offer an increased warranty period, on-road assistance and quality after sales support for the higher price charged.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- Value Chain Analysis in Indonesia Used Car Industry
- Indonesia Used Car Market Size on the basis of Gross Transaction Value and Sales Volume
- Market Structure (organized/Unorganized) in Indonesia Used Car Industry
- Market Segmentation of Indonesia Used Car Industry on the basis of type of used car, marketing channels, major cities, year of manufacture, vehicle use and other
- Customer profile in Indonesia Used Car Market on the basis of Age Group, Income and Gender
- Government Regulation in Indonesia Used Car Market
- Financing options and Schemes available to potential buyers in Indonesia Used Car Market
- Market Share of Major Players in Indonesia Used Car Market
- The various Business Models prevalent in Indonesia Used Car Market
- Competitive Landscape of Major Players in Indonesia Used Car Market
- Trends and Developments in Indonesia Used Car Market
- Issues and Challenges in Indonesia Used Car Market
- Decision Making Process for Buying a Used Car in Indonesia
- Indonesia Used Car Market Future Outlook and Projections on the basis of Gross Transaction Value and Sales Volume
Companies Covered in the Report
Products Mentioned in the Report
- Used Cars
For more information about the publication, refer to below link:
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & CommunicationsAnkur@kenresearch.com
Ken Research is a Global aggregator and publisher of Market intelligence research reports, equity reports, data base directories and economy reports. Our market research reports provides market sizing analysis, insights on promising industry segments, competition, future outlook and growth drivers in the space. The company is engaged in data analytics and aids clients in due-diligence, product expansion, plant setup, acquisition intelligence to all the other gamut of objectives through our research focus.