This report supplies information on the competitive performances of the operators of the Car Hire Companies Italian market: competitive performances by segment, market shares by segment, by distribution channel, breakdown by geographical area, production shares and export quotas by destination countries are studied in depth in this report. http://www.bharatbook.com/travel-and-tourism-market-research-reports/car-hire-companies-in-italy-competitive-performances-and-market-shares.html
This report covers the rental of cars and commercial vehicles by specialist companies, both on a short term and a medium/long term basis. It does not include the hiring of cars with a driver, a business that is generally operated by specialists on a local basis, or the hire of camper vans, caravans and motorbikes.
• Product technology: car rental services relate to the relationship between the rental company and the customer, and are regulated by contracts ranging from a minimum of one hour (short term) to a maximum of 48 months on average (long term). Business Report
• Purpose: broadly speaking, short term car hire is a service that meets transport and logistical requirements. The main component is the provision of mobility for a limited period of time. Medium/long term hire is a form of outsourcing the organisation and management of a company's vehicle fleet. The financial component is of minimal importance, with the services offered being the main discriminatory factor (insurance, ordinary and extraordinary maintenance, replacement tyres, regular services, ownership taxes, etc.).
• Client groups: direct clients are private parties, companies and public bodies.
There are two distinct areas of business:
• Short term hire involves contracts for a limited period (up to 12 months). The end user has no responsibility for interventions to maintain the vehicle. Traditionally, short term car hire services are provided at airports and railway stations;
• Medium/ long term hire (LTH) involves longer contracts (from 12 to 60 months and beyond). Once again, the end user has no responsibility for any maintenance interventions. Indeed, in long term hire, vehicles are chosen directly by the company that makes use of the service, but they are owned and managed by the rental company, which is also responsible for all associated costs and charges. This area also includes fleet management activities, i.e. the provision of an outsourcing service for the management of client companies' vehicle fleets. Some long term car rental companies offer this service in addition to their core activities.
The rental fee is the price paid for the service, which incorporates a calculation for operational costs and charges, including normal depreciation of the vehicle.
The different contract lengths for short and long term hire is a key differentiator that tends to diminish when short term contracts exceed one month in duration. Frequently, rental companies offer various different formulas and combinations.
Another differentiating factor is the fact that in short term hire the vehicle has normally already been used,
whereas long term hire generally involves new vehicles.
Databank’s methodology for Competitors reports begins with a careful screening to identify the main organisations that are representative of a given sector. Several one-to-one interviews are then conducted with the selected organisations. Questionnaires are sent to all the leading companies on an annual basis. The information collected is then verified by an expert in the particular sector using a system of counterchecks to guarantee that the information is entirely reliable and consistent. The process is then completed using Cerved Group’s proprietary information about Italian enterprises. All Competitors reports also include details concerning the strategies and performances of the leading companies in each sector.
Is Company Profile
ALPHABET ITALIA S.P.A.
ALPHABET FLEET MANAGEMENT ITALIA S.P.A.
ARVAL SERVICE LEASE ITALIA S.P.A.
ATHLON CAR LEASE ITALY S.R.L.
AUTO STRADELLA S.R.L.
AUTONOLEGGI MORINI S.R.L.
AUTOSYSTEM SOCIETÀ DI SERVIZI S.P.A.
AVIS BUDGET ITALIA S.P.A.
AXUS ITALIANA S.R.L.
BBVA AUTORENTING S.P.A.
BBVA RENTING S.P.A.
CAR SERVER S.P.A.
EUROPCAR ITALIA S.P.A.
GE CAPITAL SERVICES S.R.L.
HERTZ ITALIANA S.P.A.
LEASE PLAN ITALIA S.P.A
LOCAUTO RENT S.P.A.
MAGGIORE RENT S.P.A.
MERCEDES BENZ CHARTERWAY S.P.A.
NOLAUTO GENOVA SYSTEM N.G.S. S.R.L.
PREDA GIANNI & C. S.R.L.
PSA RENTING ITALIA S.P.A.
SICILY BY CAR S.P.A.
TARGA RENT S.R.L.
VOLKSWAGEN LEASING GMBH
WIN RENT S.P.A.
LIST OF COMPANIES ANALYSED 3
1. INTRODUCTION TO METHODOLOGY 4
2. SECTOR DESCRIPTION 5
2.1. Scope 5
2.2. Segments 5
3. COMPETITIVE PERFORMANCES BY SEGMENT 6
3.1. Market share 6
CONNECTED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES 16
For more information kindly visit :
Car Hire Companies in Italy - Competitive performances and market shares
Bharat Book Bureau
Ph.: + 91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B
Bharat Book Bureau, the leading market research information aggregator provides market research reports, company profiles, country reports, newsletters, and online databases for the past twenty four years to corporate, consulting firms, academic institutions, government departments, agencies etc., globally, including India. Our market research reports help global companies to know different market before starting up business / expanding in different countries across the world.