Rapid technological advancement and increasing consumer demand for automotive display features are expected to fuel the demand for the smart display market for automotive
The Smart display arket for automotive is projected to grow at a CAGR of 12.77% during the forecast period, to reach a market size of USD 9.80 billion by 2022. Earlier, the share of electronic systems in vehicles was only 1–2% of the vehicle cost. However, due to the rising trend of enhanced driver and passenger experience and convenience features, the share of electronic systems has increased to 8–12% of the total vehicle cost. Consumer preference for these features is a key driving force for the growth of digital cockpit display applications. Automotive displays are expected to play a greater role in electric cars, semi-autonomous, and concept cars with latest technologies and radical designs. The growth of such technologies could escalate the role of the display functions and systems in cars, which would increase the demand for advanced automotive displays.
To read the complete report, click the link below :
Light duty vehicle is the fastest growing segment in the smart display market for automotive
The light duty vehicle segment is estimated to dominate the smart display market for automotive. According to the Organization Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles (OICA), the global new passenger car sales increased from 55.8 million units in 2010 to 69.4 million units in 2016. The increase in the number of passenger cars, combined with increasing adoption of display applications, makes passenger cars the highest contributor to the smart display light duty vehicle segment. The rapid increase in the adoption of safety and comfort systems in passenger cars plays a significant role in the increasing demand for display applications in passenger cars. The display function, combined with other active and passive safety systems, assists a driver in avoiding crashes and protects passengers during accidents.
Semi-autonomous is the fastest growing segment of the smart display market for automotive, by level of autonomous driving
The penetration of semi-autonomous vehicles is anticipated to rise in the coming years due to an increase in the electrification of vehicle components and use of smart automotive components that assist the driver in a more comfortable and safe drive. In addition, technologically driven companies and OEMs are collaborating to make semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles a safe mode of transportation, thereby engaging consumer curiosity. With development in level of autonomous driving, vehicles will be equipped with a number of automotive smart displays that will be larger and provide advanced driver assistance on a single touchscreen platform.
OLED, AMOLED: Fastest growing display technology of the smart display market for automotive
The other advanced display technologies, such as OLED, AMOLED, etc. are widely used in consumer electronics applications, such as television displays, smartphones, and others. These advanced display technologies allow flexibility in design and color and provide an enhanced visual appeal. They offer superior quality images and brighter displays as compared to LCD and TFT-LCD display panels. However, these display technologies are not frequently used in automotive applications due to low temperature resistance offered by these panels. Advanced display technologies are also less durable as compared to LCD and TFT-LCD technologies for automotive functions.
With increasing progress and advancements in autonomous and electric vehicles, which are expected to be equipped with larger and advanced displays of flexible designs, the market for advanced display technologies for automotive displays is estimated to grow at the fastest rate.
BREAKDOWN OF PRIMARIES:
The study contains insights provided by various industry experts, ranging from equipment suppliers to Tier-1 companies and OEMs. The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier-1–32%, Tier-2–45%, and OEM–23%
- By Designation: C level–35%, D level–25%, Others–40%
- By Region: North America–40%, Europe–35%, Asia-Oceania–20%, RoW–5%
The report provides detailed profiles of the following companies:
- Alpine Electronics Inc.
- AU Optronics
- Continental AG
- Delphi Automotive PLC
- Denso Corporation
- Japan Display Inc.
- Kyocera Corporation
- LG Display
- Magna International Inc.
- Nippon-Seiki Co, Ltd.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Panasonic Corporation
- Pioneer Corporation
- Valeo SA
- Visteon Corporation
- Yazaki Corporation
The smart display market for automotive has been segmented by application (advanced instrument cluster displays, center stack touchscreen displays, rear view entertainment touchscreen displays, and others), display size (3”-5”, 6”-10”, and >10”), display technology (LCD, TFT-LCD, and other advanced technologies), level of autonomous driving (conventional and semi-autonomous), vehicle type (light duty vehicle and heavy duty vehicle) and region (Asia-Oceania, Europe, North America, and Rest of the World). The market has been projected in terms of volume (‘000 units) and value (USD million/billion).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
This report contains various levels of analysis, including industry analysis (factor analysis and Porter’s Five Forces) and company profiles and DIVE analysis, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the emerging and high-growth segments of the smart display market for automotive, competitive landscape, high-growth regions and countries, government initiatives, and market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
The report enables new entrants/smaller firms as well as established firms to understand the market better to help them acquire a larger market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned four strategies (market development, product development/innovation, market diversification, and competitive assessment) to strengthen their position in the market.
The report provides insights with reference to the following points:
- Market Development: The report provides comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the automotive display applications market for all vehicle types across regions.
- Product Development/Innovation: The report offers detailed insights about R&D activities, upcoming technologies, and new product launches in the smart display market for automotive across all regions.
- Market Diversification: The report provides detailed information about untapped markets, investments, new products, and recent developments in the smart display market for automotive.
- Competitive Assessment: The report offers in-depth assessment of strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the smart display market for automotive.
- Vendor DIVE Analysis: The report provides company-level mapping of net sales, growth rate of a company’s net sales, overall regional presence, company’s presence/plans in emerging countries, mapping of inorganic and organic developments, manufacturing plants, company’s presence in the OE and aftermarket segments, product offerings (breadth and depth), new product developments in recent years, and R&D expenditure, among others.
- Company-wise product and business strategy scorecards: The report offers company level analysis and evaluation of product offering category including the breadth of offering, product innovation, and market presence (OEM and aftermarket) and company level analysis and evaluation of business strategies including company’s reach (based on regional presence), revenue growth, infrastructure and clientele, inorganic growth (on the basis of partnerships, collaborations, and acquisitions) and organic growth (on the basis of geographic expansions and new product developments).
To know more, browse our related reports :
About Bharat Book Bureau:
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information provider for market research reports, company profiles, industry study, country reports, business reports, newsletters and online databases Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. We cover sectors starting from Aeronautics to Zoology.
Contact us at:
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Follow us on : Twitter|Facebook| Linkedin |Google Plus
Bharat Book Bureau, the leading market research information aggregator provides market research reports, company profiles, country reports, newsletters, and online databases for the past twenty four years to corporate, consulting firms, academic institutions, government departments, agencies etc., globally, including India. Our market research reports help global companies to know different market before starting up business / expanding in different countries across the world.