Dec 26, 2013 : Bharat Book Bureau presents the new report, on ''Trends and Forecast on Merchant Power Market in India" provides all the information you require to better understand Trends and Forecast on Merchant Power Market in India over the past seven years.
"Trends and Outlook on Merchant Power Market in India" is an indispensable source of information on the evolution of merchant power plant and its market in India and how it is expected to change in the times to come. The structural changes that was announced in the Electricity Act 2003, made setting up Merchant Power Plant in India as an attractive business proposition but ever since CERC intervened to cap the prices of spot electricity, the overall business risk - reward scenario of the sector has tilted towards risk side for the merchant power plant. Report does a status check on the overall capacity that was planned and the actual capacity of merchant power that got commissioned till date, structural changes that was suppose to push growth in the sector and overall outlook on the merchant power sector in India. The report provide statistics, policy analysis, case studies on successful MPP projects, provides projection on planned MPP projects and merchant power prices.
1. Executive Summary
2. Research – Approach and Methodology
3. Trends Analysis from upto 2012
- Overall MPP market evolution
- MPP Capacity addition (Planned Vs Actuals)
- Cost of Generation
- Policy & Regulations Evolution
- Market Structure & Competitiveness
- Competitiveness Landscape
4. Trends in Spot Electricity Market Price upto 2012
- Total Short-term Transactions of Electricity with Respect to Total Electricity Generation
- Electricity Transacted through Trading Licensees and Power Exchanges
- Price of Short-term Transactions of Electricity
- Seasonal variations in spot market prices
5. Trends in Issues and Challenges faced by MPPs
- Fuel Shortage
- Volatility in Merchant Tariffs
- Weak financial Position of Discoms
- Risk to viability of business models
6. Trends in De-risking Strategy taken by MPPs to Mitigate Business Risks
- Cost Related
- Revenue Related
- Operations Related
- Fuel Related
- Grid Connection Related
For more information kindly visit : http://www.bharatbook.com/energy-market-research-reports/trends-and-forecast-on-merchant-power-market-in-india.html
About Bharat Book Bureau:
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information provider for market research reports, , company profiles, industry analysis , country reports , business reports, newsletters and online databases Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. We cover sectors starting from Aeronautics to Zoology.
In case the reports don't match your requirement then we can do a specialized Custom Research for you. Our multifarious capabilities, cross-sector expertise and detailed knowledge of various markets, put us in a unique position to take up Custom Research demands of yourself.
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Toll Free No for USA/Canada : 1-866-279-8368
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/researchbook
Follow us on linked in : http://www.linkedin.com/company/bharat-book-bureau
Our Blog : http://blog.bharatbook.com/
Bharat Book Bureau, the leading market research information aggregator provides market research reports, company profiles, country reports, newsletters, and online databases for the past twenty four years to corporate, consulting firms, academic institutions, government departments, agencies etc., globally, including India. Our market research reports help global companies to know different market before starting up business / expanding in different countries across the world.