Hydrochloric acid, a colourless liquid solution primarily made of hydrogen chloride and water, is also considered as a caustic mineral acid. It is mainly used for industrial purposes by welding agents and circuit board manufacturers. It is also popularly known as Spirits of Salt.
This acid is used in numerous industries as a mineral base. The concentrated form of this acid is also called fuming hydrochloric acid or HCL. It is an indispensable part of industrial usage with manufacturing and production sectors. According to historical facts, this hazardous chemical was popular with ancient alchemists (for tracing philosopher’s stone). Later, this acid gained prominent position in many developing countries after the Industrial Revolution.
HCL acid is a lethal compound, and therefore genuine manufacturers exercise caution. Such kind of acids can be obtained from companies that produce chemical solutions such as circuit board manufacturers, laboratory chemical producers, pH regulation agents, machinery manufacturers, iron and steel manufacturers, etc.
One can search online directories and websites to obtain hydrochloric acid. Many chemical firms produce and stock such chemical produces for b2b sales. Likewise, the usage of such acid is not restricted to industries alone; it can be related to domestic services as well.
Some of the uses of HCL in industrial and domestic sector are as follows:
* Production of steel and PVC
* Used in preparation of various food items such as soft drinks and canned foodstuff.
* Industrial uses for pickling or cleaning rusty metals
* Building industries use this acid for concrete engraving and cleaning of bricks.
* HCL is even used by swimming pool owners for maintaining hygiene.
* Many people also make home-made cleaning solutions for domestic usage with hydrochloric acid as the base ingredient.
Normally, buyers can obtain hydrochloric acid from leading online chemical companies through online resources. Authentic companies sell such dangerous chemicals after thorough verification for its usage. Moreover, all safety precautions are listed while supplying such substances. Special care is taken with the packaging, labelling and transportation of the acid. Retailers who are hesitant to buy HCL in bulk quantities can produce their own version of the acidic solution from common salt.
Procedure for producing hydrochloric acid with common salt is as follows:
* All you have to do is take some salt in a flask (distil).
* After that add a little sulfuric acid to it, which later turns into hydrochloric acidic solution.
* You can even test your HCL acid by subjecting it to ammonium chloride.
* If your acidic experimentation is correct then you will see whitish color smoke after adding it to ammonium chloride base.
Companies or manufacturers providing this mineral acid will further ask for the specific requirement by the buyer (in bulk quantities or marginal supply). Buyers also need to mention their purpose for purchasing this acid so that companies can supply precise grade of the concentrated acid.
It is advisable to wear personal protective gear while handling such chemicals. PPE includes proper clothing, protective footwear, eye glasses and also emergency respiratory apparatus.