This Research Study by Acumen Research and Consulting, Shekhar Dorle(Research Analyst) predicts, the global automated guided vehicles (AGV) market size expected to reach around USD 7.4 billion by 2026, this market is anticipated to grow with 16.7% CAGR during the forecast time period 2019-2026.
Automated guided vehicle is a type of robot which is used to transport goods from one place to another in short distance without any human interference such as an onboard operator or driver. Automated guided vehicle operation is engaged by a combination of sensors and the software system. Furthermore, the automated guided vehicles run on a predetermined path with precisely controlled acceleration and deceleration, and include automatic obstacle detection bumpers. Automated guided vehicle provide safe movement of loads. The automated guided vehicle applications include transportation of raw material, distribution of goods in warehouses and parcel industry, storage of material support to assembly line and picking up the finish goods, packaging, among others
Growing demand for e-commerce is leading to the growth of automated guided vehicles. The rising demand for online shopping, stock keeping units are increase in volume and variety by which fixed automation systems alone can’t meet the demand. The flexible automation such as automated guided vehicles helps in the simplified operation. For instance, Amazon introduced Kiva in its warehouse which is sensor-equipped robots following computerized barcode stickers on the floor to bring portable inventory-equipped racks to human operators.
The automated guided vehicle is classified as unit load carrier, tow vehicles, forklift truck, pallet truck, automated carts, hybrid AGVs, customized AGVs and others. The increasing demand for material handling in end-use industry will boost the demand for tow vehicles in the near future. Laser guided technology is the most flexible system for vehicle movement and offers accurate navigation. It has reflectors mounted on walls along the vehicle’s route. Onboard automated guided vehicles have a rotating laser light beam source that detects its reflections and receives information on distance and angle, which gets stored in the vehicle memory. Technological advancement in end-use industry such as flexible automation, and minimizing human errors will significantly increase the demand for automated guided vehicle in retails, automotive, manufacturing, healthcare, aerospace, warehouse and other industries.
Some of the basic functions of AGVs are Navigation & Guidance, Routing, Traffic Management, Load Transfer and System Management. The major companies associated with AGVs are Transbotics, Swisslog Holding Ltd., System Logistics Spa, Egemin Automation Inc., Schaefer Systems International, Inc., Bastian Solutions, Inc., Locus Robotics, Daifuku Co., Ltd., inVia Robotics, Inc., Dematic Corp., Fetch Robotics, Inc., JBT Corporation, Elettric80 SpA, Seegrid Corporation, Kollmorgen, Toyota Industries Corporation, KMH Systems, Inc., Hyster-Yale Group, Inc., EK Automation, and Balyo Inc.
AGV: Safety they Offer
They improve logistics management and warehousing efficiency. Deployment of AGVs for material handling tasks can allow companies to save labor costs, which enhances customer satisfaction. AGVs are equipped with numerous accessories and devices including the smart sensors, which aid in improving efficiency and thus reducing costs which affects benefits for lowering the operating costs in the industrial area.
The AGVs working in secure environment and works smoothly in operation, which lowers the risks of accidents and ensures the workforce safety. It uses the lithium batteries than conventional batteries which improve performance. Lithium-particle batteries offer a few focal points over lead-corrosive variations. They will in general be lighter and minimized. In addition, they can charge quicker, offer longer runtimes, and bolster more charge cycles.
AGVs: Time Consuming Manufacturing Process
Manufacturing industry is increasingly adopting AGVs to save on labor costs. While AGVs can operate on a 24x7 basis, costs associated with their procurement and maintenance trend to be lesser than costs incurred on salaries and employee benefits. The requirement of a long time for developing the AGVs may limit the growth of the automated guided vehicles market. Additionally, the entire process of converting AVG into vehicle takes time and is expected to restrain growth of the market. Furthermore, growing commercialization is leading to increasing the price of final products, which is restraining the growth of the automated guided vehicles market. Nonetheless, several initiatives by private and public organizations for maintaining a working environment is leading to improve the popularity of automation is expected to offer several opportunities for the growth of the global automated guided vehicles market.
- Towing - Towing applications can involve the bulk movement of product into and out of warehouse areas or direct service to a manufacturing/assembly operation.
- Pallet Trucks – Pallet Trucks are used in distribution functions
- Fork Trucks – Is a new application for AGV. Fork trucks are used when the system requires automatic pickup and drop off of loads from source to destination without any human interface. These vehicles are most expensive AGVs types.
- Unit Load – It involves for specific mission assignments for individual load movement. Unit load is used in warehousing and distribution systems where the guide path lengths are relatively short, but the volumes are high.
- Light Load – Used in moving small parts in trays or baskets and for maneuvering in very small, tight areas. Electronic fabrication, small assembly manufacturing and parts kitting applications are proper uses for light loads AGVS.
By Navigation Technology
- Laser Guidance – Operateflexible solution to automate your facility quickly to improving the functionality of warehouses in most industries.
- Magnetic Guidance – This vehicle used as a high functionality with superior cost performance. These vehicles run on Ni-Cad batteries (shielded) for quick recharging (10/1) and maintenance-free performance.
- Vision Guidance - VGV navigate through any facility after just one tour of the building. VGV navigate their way through a warehouse without any need for a static barrier or infrastructure modification, such as magnets or reflectors. Instead, vision technology allows VGVs to build a three-dimensional map through a series of images taken when an operator tours the vehicle through the warehouse.
- Natural Navigation AGV (SLAM) is able to map its environment and localize where it is thanks to the info received from the mapping phase. It is Easy to install. They have low installation costs but it is still expensive.
Source: ARC Analysis, April 2019
Asia-Pacific is the largest consumer of automated guided vehicle in the world. Easy availability of affordable automation services are due to highly fragmented market and increasing production in the automobile sector are boosting the demand for automated guided vehicle in this region. Furthermore the emerging economics of China, India, South Korea, and Japan are also expected to fuel the demand for automotive guided vehicle.
For More Information, Email Us@ firstname.lastname@example.org