Following successful tests in three countries, JYSK launches a new inspirational concept on 1 November 2016 in seven countries – the goal is to inspire and attract new customers.
A broad assortment with everything for the home does not automatically offer customers inspiration for their interior decorating.
That is also one of the reasons why JYSK last year trialed a new inspirational concept in JYSK’s stores in Denmark, Sweden and Poland. Based on the great results, the concept will now be expanded to almost 750 stores in seven countries: Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Poland, the Czech Republic and Hungary.
“Our trial was a great success, partly because we sold a lot of the selected products, but also because the concept has confirmed that customers really do want to be inspired when they visit our stores or follow us on Facebook or Instagram. That is what this concept can help us with, and that is why we are now expanding it to more countries,” says Katrine Kruuse, Range & Design Manager at JYSK.
The concept is called Nordic Mood and consists of selected products which have been handpicked according to current trends, and which will be displayed together at a central location in stores and promoted in campaign papers and on social media.
“The concept makes it easy for customers to see how you can combine products from our permanent assortment to create a modern and Nordic mood in your home,” says Katrine Kruuse.
Collection renewed four times a year
The selection of products will change four times a year, so that the collection always reflects current trends within interior decorating.
“When products are simply on display on store shelves, it can be difficult to see how they go together. With the Nordic Mood concept, we are showing the coherence across our assortment in stores and on social media, and we will quite literally make visible the Scandinavian design which is the common thread in our identity,” says Katrine Kruuse.
By offering customers inspiration both in stores and on social media, JYSK expects to kill two birds with one stone.
“We believe that by renewing our inspirational concept continuously, we will attract existing customers to their local store more often. And through social media, we expect to reach new target groups who do not yet have JYSK on their radar when it comes to interior decorating,” says Katrine Kruuse.
Facts about Nordic Mood
- The new inspirational concept Nordic Mood launches on 1 November 2016 across seven countries
- The seven countries are: Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Poland, the Czech Republic and Hungary.
- The goal is to inspire customers on how to easily combine products from JYSK’s assortment and create a modern and Nordic mood in their home
- The concept consists of selected products across different products groups which have been combined according to current trends within interior decorating
- The collection of products will be displayed in almost 750 stores and promoted in campaign papers and on the social media channels Facebook and Instagram
Facts about the first collection
- The first collection for Nordic Mood will be launched on 1 November 2016
- The collection consists of the following products:
JYSK is an international chain of stores with Scandinavian roots that sells everything for the home. The first store opened in Denmark in 1979, and today JYSK has over 2,400 stores and 21,000 employees in 48 countries. In Germany and Austria the stores are called Dänisches Bettenlager – in the rest of the world JYSK. JYSK is owned by the Danish tradesman Lars Larsen, who owns a number of companies with a total annual turnover of 27 billion DKK. JYSK’s turnover is 23.2 billion DKK.