AuctioNIST: Monday, 16 March
Have these colorful quotes moved you? Curious to know what is afoot?
Join us for an elegant fundraising soiree to celebrate the arts and our diverse community. From mixed media to cuisine in the hands of enthusiasts, it promises to be lively!
Tickets will be on sale from Monday, 16 March at THB 1,500 each and will be available in front of the ATM each morning.
Please Remember to Re-Enroll!
We would like to remind you that you are required to re-enroll your child(ren) for next school year by 31 March at the latest. This process helps us in better allocating our resources and in considering new student applicants. It can be completed in a few simple steps:
- If you need assistance, view this video description of the process.
- Login to Veracross at http://portals.veracross.com/nist.
- Click "Re-enrollment for 2015-16 School Year” link.
- Complete all of the applicable steps on the online re-enrollment page.
MultilingNIST Parent Support Group
Are you struggling to support and maintain more than one language in the home? Are you keen to build relationships with parents who share the same concerns? Are you willing to share strategies that you have adopted to promote multilingualism?
A parent-organized MultilingNIST group will be meeting on Tuesday, 10 March at 6:00 PM to address these questions and others. To learn more about the new group, and to sign up for the session, visit The NIST Link.
Can You Help Our Students?
We are looking for parents and employers to help us during our annual Work Experience Week from 25 to 29 May, in which our year 11 students complete work placements at companies throughout Bangkok. This programme has proven to be a great success over the years, and one that provides valuable experience for the students.
If you're interested in learning more and may be willing to take part, please read more on The NIST Link.
ABRSM & Trinity Exams Expanding Rapidly at NIST
We're extremely proud and excited to announce the highest ever number of students set to take instrumental music exams in June 2015. With almost forty students preparing, we are now firmly becoming an established instrumental music exam centre for the ABRSM and Trinity instrumental music and vocal exams.
Both the ABRSM and Trinity music exams offer a fantastic opportunity for students to measure their level on the international stage, and also provide a focus for their instrumental music studies. Music is not simply about the exam and assessment; the exam preparation itself provides an opportunity for students to challenge themselves and develop more of a growth mindset approach in facing challenges ahead.
Fresh from the Kitchen
As NIST Catering continues to tweak the menu and add new dishes, you can expect regular updates about some of the tasty developments.
Starting this coming week in the main cafeteria, from 2:00 to 3:30 PM daily, we will be serving freshly prepared som tum (the famous papaya salad from the north of Thailand) with a choice of toppings and Chinese-style fried rice, and every order made fresh. Along with these new items we also have a Thai noodle soup station and our “make-your-own-sandwich" bar open.
We look forward to serving you at NIST Catering!
Books @53 Book Fair
From 16 to 20 March, Books @53 will be offering a selection of titles in The Atrium (CAB). Please stop by, browse through the books on offer, and perhaps pick up a few!
As demonstrated in several articles shared by the NIST Library on their Facebook page, there are significant benefits to reading physical books, even in this digital age.
We highly encourage parents and students to visit the fair and find some new favorites.
ECAs & SPORTS
SEASAC Gymnastics Competition at NIST: 20-22 March
SEASAC's annual gymnastics tournament is coming to NIST in two weeks time! Three hundred gymnasts from 9 schools will be joining the competition, and they will begin arriving in Bangkok on Thursday, 19 March.
This will be the third time NIST has hosted the SEASAC tournament, and we encourage all members of the community to stop by during the three-day event and support our gymnasts!
All information about to the championships (including schedules, rotations, teams and more) can be viewed on the event website. Join us for the weekend and cheer on the Falcons!
If you aren't able to attend, you will still be able to watch the event on our live streaming feed, which will be active at the time of the tournament.
NIST Visited by Professional Rugby Stars
During the February break, our campus was host to to a special rugby training session with several former professional players, including Bobby Skinstad, ex-Springboks captain and winner of the Rugby World Cup in 2007; Butch James, ex-Springbok fly half; Breyton Paulse, ex-Springbok winger; and Warrick Waugh, ex-Wallaby lock.
All of the visiting players have extensive international experience against some of the best teams in the world, and some of our keen rugby players were fortunate to join in near the end of the session and challenge them. For additional photos of the event, visit our Zenfolio album.
NIPTA (NIST PARENT-TEACHER ASSOCIATION)
Proposed Name Change for NIPTA
In 2012 our school officially changed its name from New International School of Thailand to NIST International School. The Parent-Teacher Association title should reflect this change, so NIPTA is proposing we change our name from New International School of Thailand Parent-Teacher Association (abbreviated to NIPTA) to NIST International School Parent - Teacher Association (abbreviated to NIPTA).
This change name is only to keep in line with the name of the school and does not alter the mission and objectives of NIPTA. Should you have any queries regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Anna Gambles, NIPTA President
Secondary Parents Social Coffee Mornings
Two upcoming coffee mornings will be held for parents of students in Years 7 to 10 and Years 11 to 13. Both groups will meet on the 4th floor in The Hub. Please drop by to catch up with other parents!
- Year 7-10 Parents: 20 March, 7:30 - 9:30 AM
- Year 11-13 Parents: 27 March, 7:30 - 9:30 AM
NIPTA & NIST Staff Social Club Quiz Night Coming Soon!
Though the original event was postponed, we're close to setting a new date. Keep an eye on NIST News for an announcement over the coming weeks!
- 9 March: International Women's Day
- 10 March: Change for Chang Event (7:00 AM - 12:00 noon at The Oval)
- 12 March: Elementary Coffee Morning (8:30 - 9:30 AM at 3309 in Elementary Building)
- 12 March: How We Express Ourselves Parent & Student Initiation (5:30 - 7:15 PM in NIST Theatre)
- 16-20 March: Books@53 Book Fair (Daily in The Atrium)
- 17-19 March: Personal Project Fair (4th floor of The Hub - see details in Veracross)
- 20 March: Secondary Parent Coffee Morning (See details in NIPTA)
- 27 March: Secondary Parent Coffee Morning (See details in NIPTA)
Next Week in Falcon Sports
- 9 March: U11 Boys Tee Ball vs. SHB (2:30 PM at NIST)
- 9 March: U11 Girls Tee Ball vs. SHB (2:30 PM at NIST)
- 9 March: U13 Boys Volleyball vs. SHB (3:30 PM at NIST)
- 9 March: U15 Boys Tennis vs. SHB (3:30 PM at NIST)
- 9 March: U15 Girls Tennis vs. SHB (3:30 PM at NIST)
- 9 March: U13 Boys Softball vs. SHB (3:30 PM at SHB)
- 9 March: U13 Girls Softball vs. SHB (3:30 PM at SHB)
- 9 March: U13 Girls Volleyball vs. SHB (3:30 PM at SHB)
- 10 March: U15 Girls Volleyball vs. SHB (3:30 PM at NIST)
- 10 March: U17 Boys Badminton vs. SHB (3:30 PM at SHB)
- 10 March: U17 Girls Badminton vs. SHB (3:30 PM at SHB)
- 10 March: U19 Boys Badminton vs. SHB (3:30 PM at SHB)
- 10 March: U19 Girls Badminton vs. SHB (3:30 PM at SHB)
- 10 March: U19 Girls Softball vs. SHB (3:30 PM at SHB)
- 11 March: U19 Boys Softball vs. SHB (3:30 PM at SHB)
- 11 March: U17 Boys Softball vs. SHB (4:00 PM at NIST)
- 12 March: U15 Boys Volleyball vs. SHB (3:30 PM at SHB)
- 12 March: U19 Girls Softball vs. ISB (3:30 PM at NIST)
- 12 March: U17 Girls Softball vs. SHB (3:30 PM at SHB)
- 12 March: U19 Boys Softball vs. Traill (4:00 PM at NIST)
- 14 March (Saturday): BISAC U15 Boys & Girls Tennis Singles (8:00 AM at BPS)
Condo for Rent
230 SQM condo available on Soi 15, 6th fl., in front of NIST. 3 bed/bath, 5 AC, 1 room/bath for maid, 2 living rooms, storage room, dining room, kitchen. Fully furnished ( 2 40" TVs, electric oven, micro oven, 2 refrigerators, washing machine, dish washer, etc.). 2 car parking, swimming pool, fitness room, sauna, etc. 270 degree big balcony in living room & all bedrooms. Near BTS Asok and Nana, Robinson, Terminal 21, Bumrungrad Hospital, Sukhumvit Interchange.
Rental fee: 50,000 baht per month. Contact Robert: 087-690-1168.