Discover the possibilities
The Hamilton PCR setup STARlet is suitable for a wide range of applications such as gene expression, genotyping, sequencing or food testing.
It has been developed for 96/384 PCR plates but different labware types such as strips or even Rotor-Gene discs can be used.
The outstanding deck capacity of 25 SBS plates compared to the small system footprint is unique in this category; and with its different available configurations from 4 to 8 independent 1ml channels the PCR setup STARlet serves a broad range of different needs and throughputs, from simple setups and small budgets to highly demanding workflows.
- PCR setup software: enables the flexible combination of PCR components, from simple two step- (e.g. template + MasterMix) to complex setups with up to 7 pipetting steps
- The normalization add-on allows normalizing varying sample input concentrations to desired target concentration
- Multiplexing feature: up to 4 primer mixes can be pipetted per reaction well
- MasterMix preparation feature: the multiplexing function can be used for simple MasterMix preparation in reaction with up to 6 components
- Input reagents/labware: different PCR kits and labware can be used, there is no supplier limitation
- LIMS compatibility: the assay setup information is generated with a GUI but it can also be imported from a LIMS system
Easy to use
- Visualized setup: a Graphical User Interface (GUI) easily guides through the assay setup
- A quick PCR setup feature allows speedy assay setup, higher throughput and decreased processing times
- An advanced PCR setup feature simplifies complex setups with up to 7 PCR components, including multiplexing function and free plate design
- Reusable protocols: setups can be saved and reused again. Partial reuse is possible e.g. replacing samples while leaving remaining setup and plate design unchanged.
- Low volume PCR assay setup through accurate pipetting of small volumes
- Reagent saving pipetting: with low dead volumes expensive reagents can be saved
- Time saving: hands-on and process times are decreased significantly due to high deck capacity and optimized pipetting settings
- Accurate reaction setup and minimized cross contamination with Hamilton Air Displacement pipetting technology
- High traceability: optional tracking of all input components by barcode scanning; tracing complete setup information throughout the process
- Verified configurations: tested default configurations are included in delivery
About Hamilton Robotics
Hamilton Robotics designs and manufactures fully automated robotic systems for samples preparation and storage. The products range from unique, custom laboratory automation solutions (turnkey solutions) on standard applications validated through partnership programs with renowned biotechnology companies as well as OEM solutions to the top ten diagnostic companies. Hamilton Storage Technologies designs and manufactures cold storage systems for biobanking and other applications.