Hamilton is pleased to introduce the new ID Express platforms, a new range of compact workstations designed for the automation of Pre and Post PCR steps of the Genotyping process, based on the proven technology of the reliable Microlab STARlet platforms. “ID Express PCR” and “ID Express CE Setup” are entry level platforms specifically designed for low and medium throughput forensic DNA laboratories, without compromises on quality and technology features. In addition to Hamilton robotics STARline technical features, the ID Express integrates Hamilton know how in Forensic DNA analysis.
ID Express PCR Workstation
A standard workstation designed to automate the Forensic PrePCR steps in DNA Genotyping. The included carriers and adaptors allow real-time qPCR reaction setup, as well as Normalization and STR reaction setup.
Designed for flexibility
- It can automate any commercial qPCR or STR protocols. The included carriers set is designed to allow automation of most common commercial kits without adding extra carriers and Hamilton Venus software tools make it possible to execute practically any qPCR, STR or normalisation protocols.
Made for your laboratory
- Methods are customized to fit your needs and requirements. The system offers the possibility to adapt and customize methods previously implemented in other laboratories or develop new ones. With clear loading dialogues adaptable to local languages, worksheet viewers or selection tools the user handling is clear and simple.
Maintain Chain of custody
- Keep track of your samples and facilitate exchange with qPCR instruments, file archives or LIMS. The ID Express keeps track of all actions, report errors, assign sample ID to assure maximum traceability throughout the process. Additionally to reading input files the system also generates output files with all information.
ID Express CE Setup Workstation
A standard workstation designed to automate the Forensic PostPCR steps in DNA Genotyping. The included carriers allow Capillary Electrophoresis sample preparation.
All necessary hardware is included to perform Capillary electrophoresis setup:
- Tips, Tube adaptors for Formamide + LIZ and DNA Ladder
- Piercing module to allow direct piercing of Amp plate and transfer of PCR product to CE plate.
- PCR adaptor for final CE plate
The platform allows preparation of 1 CE plate/run. However it is possible to add additional Piercing modules, as well as CE plate adaptors if required. The ID Express allows to accommodate throughput increase easily. In addition with the very flexible software, cherry-picking methods can be mplemented to make a single CE plate from several Amp plates if samples need to be re-processed on the CE-instrument.
About Hamilton Robotics
Hamilton Robotics designs and manufactures fully automated robotic systems for samples preparation and storage. The products range from unique, custom laboratory automation solutions (turnkey solutions) on standard applications validated through partnership programs with renowned biotechnology companies as well as OEM solutions to the top ten diagnostic companies. Hamilton Storage Technologies designs and manufactures cold storage systems for biobanking and other applications.