Warner Music is one of the world’s largest record companies.
International artists include Robin Schulz, Rudimental, Charlie Puth, Kwabs, Ed Sheeran, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Coldplay, David Guetta, Loreen, Roxette, Meek Mill, Kim Larsen, Tinie Tempah, Kate Bush, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Prince, Flo Rida, Jason Derulo, Lykke Li, Rival Sons, Fetty Wap, Foals, Galantis, Jess Glynne, Major Lazer, Duran Duran, and more.
Our Norwegian roster includes Åge Aleksandersen, Anne Grete Preus, Arif, Carl Louis, Carnival Kids, CC Cowboys, Contrazt, deLillos, donkeyboy, Fay Wildhagen, Innertier, Julie Bergan, Kristian Kristensen, Marie Munroe, Monica Heldal, Matoma, Nico & Vinz, Oslo Ess, Röyksopp, Skinny Days, Susanne Sundfør, Sval, Truls, and more.
The position of A&R Scout lasts for an initial term of SIX months and can develop in to a full-time permanent role for the right person.
Working solely with the Norwegian roster of the company and reporting to the A&R Director, the job can be split in to three main functions:
- Scouting unsigned artists with the aim of finding new additions for the roster
- Assisting A&R department with any and all relevant tasks, including release scheduling, artist calendar management, planning artwork/ video + photo shoots/writing + recording sessions, etc.
- Actively participating in all projects, providing creative and strategic input.
The A&R scout will aim to learn and understand the wider label operations such as marketing, digital, and promotion, and use these learnings to positively affect creative and strategic A&R decision-making.
- Experience in at least one of the following music production-related areas: Songwriting, Performing, Recording, Producing, Mixing, A&R.
- Fluent in Norwegian and English
- Understanding of Norwegian and International music markets, including digital/streaming economies
- Computer fluency (MAC and PC, Microsoft Office, Google Docs + Calendars, etc.)
Preferred, but not required:
- Music industry experience (ex. Record Label, Publishing, Management, Booking, etc.)
- Education in Music Business and/or Production
- Graphic design skills (ex. Photoshop)
- Video editing skills (ex. iMovie, Final Cut Pro)
Process + Timeline
Application deadline 31.12.2015
Applications/CVs can only be submitted here:
All applications must be sent in English.
Interviews will take place early 2016. Position starts Spring 2016 (TBC).