Orio AB reports an operating result of MSEK -1 (-88) for the period January – December 2016, in which impairment of goodwill and other items affecting comparability are included to the sum of MSEK -36 (-145). Net sales for the period amounted to MSEK 814 (935), a decrease by 13 percent compared to the corresponding period of the previous year.
- Net sales for the fourth quarter of 2016 amounted to MSEK 187 (219), a decrease by 15 percent compared to the corresponding quarter of the previous year. Gross result for the fourth quarter of 2016 was MSEK 76 (74), which is an increase by 3 percent compared to the corresponding quarter of last year.
- 2016 has been an intensive year for Orio where we have continued to take important development steps in order to strengthen our competitiveness in the long term. We have invested further to improve our IT based sales channels, scaled up for a proper venture within third party logistics, and with the launch of Orio Parts and the continued expansion of the customer network, built the foundation for Orio to grow and be successful in the long term, says Jonas Tegström, CEO of Orio AB.
- In parallel with strengthening the prerequisites to achieve our strategic growth objective, we have worked hard with improving the profitability in sales, which we succeeded with during 2016, says Jonas Tegström.
- Operating result for the quarter was MSEK -31 (-158), in which items affecting comparability are included to the sum of MSEK -36 (-145).
- During the quarter, cash flow from operating activities was MSEK 17 (14), and MSEK 65 (58) for the full year 2016.
For further information, please contact Jonas Tegström, CEO, Tel. +46 (0)155-24 40 09 or Mikael Brate, CFO, Tel +46 (0)155-24 41 20.
Facts Orio AB
- The company is responsible for warehousing, sale and distribution of Saab Original parts and accessories for all Saab Service Centers and Saab Parts Centers globally and also sell logistics and engineering services.
- Number of employees in Sweden: about 288. The company is headquartered in Nyköping.
- The company has subsidiaries in its 9 main markets in Europe and the USA.
- Number of employees in the subsidiaries: about 52.
- Have been responsible for Saab Automobile spare parts handling since the 1960s and are the sole distributor of the entire range of Saab Original parts.
- Storage area: around 88 000 m².
- Storage: about 70 000 articles.
- Capacity: about 30 000 order lines/day.
- Shipment of 50 trucks distributed each day.
- The company is fully owned by the Swedish state.
- On November 13, 2013, the company changed its name from Saab Automobile Parts AB to Orio AB.