Orio AB reports an operating result of MSEK 5 (25) for the period January – March 2016. Net sales for the period amounted to MSEK 209 (251), a decrease by 17 percent compared to the corresponding period of the previous year.
- During the first quarter of 2016, the trend from the previous quarter has prevailed. We continue to expand our customer network of independent workshops and increase gradually sales to this customer category. We can also see increased sales of Orio Parts, i.e. parts which are not Saab Original Parts, while the turnover of Saab Original Parts continues to decrease due to ageing car parc, says Jonas Tegström, CEO of Orio AB.
- Following the change in demand for the company’s products, but also as a result of a newly developed distribution structure, we have continued to adapt our operations in several areas. As a consequence, the company announced during the quarter redundancies corresponding to 20 posts; 13 blue collar in Nyköping and 7 white collars in Nyköping and Trollhättan, says Jonas Tegström.
- From the outset of Orio’s existing structural capital we have recently taken several important development steps in order to execute on the strategy and strengthen our competitiveness.During the year, we will continue with this development work, aiming at creating new values for existing and newly acceding customers of our network.
|Group key ratios||Jan - March 2016||Jan - March 2015|
|Net sales, Msek||209||251|
|Operating profit/loss, Msek||5||25|
|Result for the period, Msek||6||22|
|Cash flow from operating activities, Msek||-10||10|
|Equity/assets ratio, %||79%||78%|
For further information, please contact Jonas Tegström, CEO, tel: +46 155 24 40 09
Facts Orio AB
- The company is responsible for warehousing, sale and distribution of Saab Original parts and accessories for all Saab Service Centers and Saab Parts Centers globally and also sell logistics and engineering services.
- Number of employees in Sweden: about 288. The company is headquartered in Nyköping.
- The company has subsidiaries in its 9 main markets in Europe and the USA.
- Number of employees in the subsidiaries: about 52.
- Have been responsible for Saab Automobile spare parts handling since the 1960s and are the sole distributor of the entire range of Saab Original parts.
- Storage area: around 88 000 m².
- Storage: about 70 000 articles.
- Capacity: about 30 000 order lines/day.
- Shipment of 50 trucks distributed each day.
- The company is fully owned by the Swedish state.
- On November 13, 2013, the company changed its name from Saab Automobile Parts AB to Orio AB.