Orio’s net sales for the second quarter of 2017 decreased by 7 percent compared to the corresponding quarter of the previous year and amounted to MSEK 214 (220). Operating profit for the quarter was MSEK 2 (13).
- Net sales for the period January – June 2017 amounted to MSEK 399 (429), which is a decrease by 6 percent compared to the corresponding period of the previous year. Operating profit for the period was MSEK 3 (18).
- The second quarter has been dominated by significant investments in the Orio Parts business, both in terms of cash spending and in labour efforts, and where the launch of a broader product range continues in important markets. We have also taken new steps forward within the telematic area, where we are still focusing on Saab but also including Orio Parts for other makes in the development, says Jonas Tegström, CEO of Orio AB.
- During the second quarter of we have also been successful within the third-party logistics business area, with the signing of several customer contracts, says Jonas Tegström.
During the quarter, cash flow from operating activities was MSEK -6 (32) and equity ratio at 30 June 2017 was 75 percent (79).
|Group key ratios||April-June|
|Net sales, Msek||214||220||399||429|
|Operating profit/loss, Msek||2||13||3||18|
|Result for the period, Msek||0||9||0||15|
|Cash flow from operating activities, Msek||-6||32||-20||22|
|Equity/assets ratio, %||75%||79%||75%||79%|
For further information, please contact Jonas Tegström, CEO, tel: +46 (0) 155-24 40 09, or Mikael Brate, CFO, tel +46 (0) 155-24 41 20.
Facts Orio AB
- The company is responsible for warehousing, sale and distribution of Saab Original parts and accessories for all Saab Service Centers and Saab Parts Centers globally and also sell logistics and engineering services.
- Number of employees in Sweden: about 288. The company is headquartered in Nyköping.
- The company has subsidiaries in its 9 main markets in Europe and the USA.
- Number of employees in the subsidiaries: about 52.
- Have been responsible for Saab Automobile spare parts handling since the 1960s and are the sole distributor of the entire range of Saab Original parts.
- Storage area: around 88 000 m².
- Storage: about 70 000 articles.
- Capacity: about 30 000 order lines/day.
- Shipment of 50 trucks distributed each day.
- The company is fully owned by the Swedish state.
- On November 13, 2013, the company changed its name from Saab Automobile Parts AB to Orio AB.