This post is for a English Language Trainer Position. This position is now closed.
We are looking for an English Language Trainer Volunteer to provide high quality English language training and mentorship for our trainers.
- You love teaching English language to young adults. Most of what you will do on a daily basis is to work with our students to improve their English Language skills, knowing that with those language skills they have a very high chance of life-changing employment
- You love to share your knowledge with trainers and help us build a better English Language curriculum. At BagoSphere, learning is extremely valued with the team. You will have a big impact in the professional development of our trainers.
- You can invest 6 to 12 months to work in a second class (rather rural) city in the Visayas, Philippines together with a diverse team who is equally passionate as you in teaching disadvantaged, rural youths
- You love to build stuff. You will not just be a volunteer. You will have huge impact on the development of our programs and the opportunity to see them scale as we grow in the near future.
There is immense potential in all youths to better their lives and that of their families if only they are given the opportunity and resources.
For the past 2 years, BagoSphere has been tackling the global youth unemployment problem in the Philippines. We do that by providing English language and call center job skills to rural youths and connecting them with our call center partners. At the same time, we extend highly affordable financing schemes to rural youths to open access to high quality job training to the poorest of families.
This is a huge vision, and we need passionate people like you who love what they do, and people who have a zest for emerging out of their comfort zone.
We also place learning and impact ahead of every else. As a start-up, you will get to influence the way we do things and shape the lives of many rural youths in the Philippines.
If living in rural Philippines (did I forget to mention a couple of hours away from beautiful beaches and ultra-friendly people) plus making a dent in youth unemployment sounds good to you, read on!
Things You Might Do
You will be working both independently and in collaboration with trainers and our current curriculum development team to:
- Improve our
current curriculum on English language training
- Review our current curriculum
- Align lesson content and methodology to learners’ levels and call center
standards and requirements
- Design necessary English language training programs
2. Provide high quality English language training to students
- Deliver English lessons (grammar, pronunciation, accent, etc.) that will
improve language skills of students and expose our current trainers to best
practices in ELT
- Systematically track students’ learning progress
- Feedback on student performance and provide them professional and personal
- Complete teaching related administrative tasks to specified standards
3. Mentor other Trainers
- Observe trainers in their classes
- Conduct necessary training to our current trainers (e.g. classroom
management, presentations, best practices in ELT, principles of adult learning,
- Provide feedback on trainers’ performance and professional guidance
What You Will Get:
- Free accommodation
- Meal allowance
- Local transportation allowance
- Small stipend to support your living expenses
- Visa support and subsidy
- The opportunity to do something ground-breaking that will impact the lives of thousands of youths and their families
We are looking someone with the following:
- Has Cambridge CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL
- High proficiency in English, i.e. full mastery of English across all 4 skills equivalent to user (CEFR C2) IELTS Band 8/9 in each of 4 sections of the academic module
- Bachelor’s degree in any learning and development course
- Must have at least 3 years of work experience teaching adult learners
- Experience in curriculum development
Skills & Knowledge
- Required teaching skills: facilitation, course and lesson planning, principles in adult learning, learning technologies, and curriculum or instructional design
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
How to Apply
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Tell me about yourself
3. Wait for me to reply