On May 11 NCSC Nordic Awards 2016 will be held at the Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center in Copenhagen. The shopping center industry’s annual celebration of the Best Nordic Shopping Center of the Year. The nominated centers 2016 are: Frederiksberg Centret in Denmark, Itis Shopping Centre in Finland, Strømmen Storsenter in Norway and Täby Centrum in Sweden.
Nordic Council of Shopping Centers (NCSC) is the association for the shopping center industry in the Nordic countries with more than 1200 members mainly from Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden. During the associations annual meeting, held in Copenhagen this year, the whole industry celebrate the best of the best on the evening of May 11 when the challenge prize “the Nordic Star by MK Illumination” is handed out to the winner. Since 2009 the NCSC Nordic Awards is handed out. All the nominated centers are already national winners.
“Collaborating with NCSC and NCSC Awards is very much at heart as MK Illumination’s ambition is to contribute to the development of Nordic shopping centres. Our countries are at the forefront and the world looks to us for inspiration. The whole idea with the Nordic Star by MK Illumination is to light up a guiding star and encourage further achievements.” Says Niclas Johansson, Managing Director, MK Illumination Sweden.
The nominated centers are:
- Frederiksberg Centret, Denmark (Danica Pension/Lægernes Pensionskasse)
- Itis Shopping Centre, Finland (Wereldhave)
- Strømmen Storsenter, Norway (Thon Eiendom)
- Täby Centrum, Sweden (Unibail-Rodamco)
The Nordic jury 2016:
- Jesper Andreasen, jury chair, CEO, Rødovre Centrum, Denmark
- Line Victoria Berg, Center Manager, CC Vest Stormaked (Mustad Eiendom), Norway
- Johanna Kivelä, Sustainability Analyst, Citycon, Finland
- Eva Handest, Property Manager, Danica Ejendomme, Denmark
- Charlotta Björk, Partner, BREIM AB, Sweden
Previous winners are:
- 2009 Forum Nacka, Sweden
- 2010 Oslo City, Norway
- 2011 Sandvika Storsenter, Norway
- 2012 Grand Samarkand, Sweden
- 2013 Väla Centrum, Sweden
- 2014 Gulskogen, Norway
- 2015 Täby Centrum, Sweden
NCSC, Nordic Council of Shopping Centers, is the association for the shopping center industry in the Nordic countries. The aim is to continuously develop the Nordic shopping center market and strengthen the industry's status as a professional and strong player in the community. Our 1 200 members encompasses all sides of the industry, from developers to tenants and suppliers as well as city planners.