People of all ages who want to learn French, German, Spanish and Swedish in a fun, easy, fast and effective way, can now download a new suite of innovative flashcard-based language learning apps from i-recall systems limited.
Each app in the suite is not intended to be a language course, but rather a simple, easy and effective tool that learners can integrate with other methods to build a strong foundation and enhance their success. To that end, each app includes a vocabulary of 2000 of the most common words in the target language, and offers users two learning modes: random or category.
• Random: in this mode, users flip through a selection of common words that provide a solid basis for developing comfort and confidence in a target language (e.g. French, German, Spanish or Swedish, depending on the app). Users can also choose whether they want to see the word in English and guess its foreign equivalent, or the other way around. Plus, they can tap the “drop word” button at anytime when they feel that they’ve mastered a particular word, and want to remove it from the vocabulary.
• Category: in this mode, users can choose to learn words and phrases that fall into one of six pre-set categories: Verbs; Nouns; Adjectives & Adverbs; Prepositions & Pronouns; Numbers, Days & Months; and Expressions. Users can also switch to another category at anytime (via the app’s category menu), or try their hand at the random mode as described above.
“Most language apps too structured and not conducive to a quick refresh and review,” commented Jonny Kaberry of i-recall systems limited. “The apps in our suite have been designed with simplicity in mind. There is no voice, no tests, no modules, and so on. This simple design allows learners to easily flip through a few words whenever they have as a few minutes to spare on a bus, at the airport, between meetings, or anywhere else that their busy life happens to take them. Plus, they don’t need Wi-Fi access.”
Flashcards are an exceptionally effective way for people of all
ages to learn something new, and particularly a new language – and it’s
largely because of three reasons:
1) Flashcards enable the process of active recall, which creates a stronger neural connection for better long-term recall vs. trying to memorize a list of foreign words on a screen or a page.
2) Flashcards create a process of self-reflection as people ask themselves if their “guess” was correct. This guessing process uses metacognitive faculties, which help deepen memories and turn them into knowledge.
3) Flashcards allow for confidence-based repetition, which is widely accepted as the optimal way to improve short and long-term memory.
i-recall systems limited’s new suite of innovative flashcard-based language learning apps are available now in the App Store via the following links:
Each respective app in the suite requires iOS 6.0 or later, and is compatible with iPhone (optimized for iPhone 5), iPad and iPod touch.
For all information or media inquiries, contact Mark Johnson on behalf of i-recall systems limited at +1 408 757 0156 or press (at)appshout(dot)com.
About i-recall systems limited
Founded in 2013, i-recall systems limited is a London based app
development company. We are driven to produce apps that are easy to use.
Our apps include a suite of innovative flashcard-based language
learning apps, and a popular location tracking and cloud storage app
Based in Gibraltar and London, UK, appshout! specializes in app-related marketing, promotion and advertising. The company helps clients around the world promote their unique app to a large number of targeted journalist, bloggers, websites and potential users – which boosts brand awareness and builds “buzz”.