According to the periodic hotel report, carried out by Annordia at the instance of Invest Stockholm, a net increase in hotel capacity is anticipated in the City of Stockholm with a total of 3,700 new hotel rooms in the period 2016 to 2020. In order to meet the needs of the future, at least a further 1,500 rooms in the city are needed by the year 2020.
- Since the last hotel report, which was released in 2014, the number of guest nights and rented rooms have experienced a powerful development. We have not seen a larger growth in non-European guest nights for 20 years. It is an evidence of Stockholm’s attractiveness as a travel destination, says Karin Wanngård (S), Mayor of Stockholm.
According to the prediction in the report, there is a need for more hotel rooms in Stockholm so as to meet the future growth of demand. In order to avoid periods of insufficient capacity, there is thus a need for additional hotel projects in Stockholm.
For further information:
Hans Åke Petersson
+46 300 541 735
Press contact Karin Wanngård:
+46 76-122 92 34
Facts in brief 2015
- 309 hotels in Stockholm County, of which 154 in the City of Stockholm.
- Nearly 13 million commercial guest nights in the whole county.
- Occupancy of hotel rooms: 72% in the city and 54% in the county.
- RevPAR: SEK 831 in the city and SEK 522 in the county.
- Number of hostels: 71, of which 31 in the city.
- Number of cottages: 8 in the county.
- Number of campsites: 34, of which 5 in the city.
The report, which was produced by Annordia at the instance of Invest Stockholm, constitutes a survey of existing and planned hotels as well as a prediction of demand for commercial accommodation 2016-2020. The forecast for demand of commercial beds and rooms is based, among other things, on historical growth rates and expected GDP development.
Stockholm Business Region, with its subsidiaries Invest Stockholm and Visit Stockholm, is the official investment and tourism promotion agency for the Stockholm region. Stockholm is one of Europe’s most dynamic sustainable regions. Stockholm Business Region is fully owned by the City of Stockholm. Our common brand is Stockholm – The Capital of Scandinavia.