Our customer is a well known service provider with an impressive portfolio of contracts, they currently have a requirement for a tenant facilities manager to join the team on a prestigious investment bank site in Canary Wharf.
To manage the day to day operation of all Sub-Tenants, ensuring new tenants are introduced into the building and aware of all operating methods and procedures.
To assist in the end to end process of Real Estate function and provide support to the Real Estate / FM team. To deliver, maintain and improve corporate assets and provide a healthy, safe and comfortable working environment for all building occupants.
•External interface with third party tenants up to director level. Interface required for negotiation of leased space and to manage on going business relationships.
•External interface with regulatory bodies such as Health & Safety Executive, local authority Environmental Health Officers or Building Control Departments. Interface required to ensure compliance to all regulatory legislation.
•Establishment and management of capital and revenue expenditure budgets for facilities related standards and legislation.
•Ensure that external fit outs arranged via tenants are supervised and agree to permit to works procedures.
•Check all Method Statements and Risk assessments for project / building works are submitted and approved by Health and Safety. Advise of any changes required to pass building regulation and Safety approval from District Surveyor.
•Arrange access via permit to work system on behalf of tenant for all their sub contractors working within the banks buildings again approving method statements and risk assessment for all works and advising of working policies.
•Arranging Isolations and Hot Works permits to be implemented with Fire Watch cover for all works being carried out by tenants.
•Arranging waste removal from floor for Tenant sub contractors via the banks incumbent contractors for all project works.
•Providing escalation list for emergency contacts between the bank and tenant.
•Regular meetings with project management team to ensure project works are on schedule and communicating all queries and request for installation of M&E equipment to incumbent service providers.
•Monitoring construction programme and advising if any changes are to be implemented to ensure compliance for building regulations and health and safety.
•Meetings with new / existing tenants to implement agreed service level agreements.
•Arrange implementations of FM services to be introduced to tenants Helpdesk SLA’s / produce REMS reports for tenants regularly to discussed FM services.
•Manage on site Cleaning service provider to ensure cleaning service meets required SLA.
•Manage on site M&E service provider to ensure M&E service meets required SLA.
•Manage tenant recharge for all additional services provided including Cleaning Contractor and M&E outside of SLA agreement on a monthly basis.
• Have regular meetings with Facilities contractors to ensure all services are provided with in remit of the banks Lease agreement.
• Manage and arrange permits / access and sign off of all method statement and risk assessments for additional construction / fabric fit out works on tenant floors
• Ensure the timely administration of reporting, updating of records and filing.
• Produce relevant information to managers as required.
• Assist the FM team in the delivery of facilities services to agreed SLA’s and the maintenance of related issues covering, Building Structure, Fabric, Fixtures, Fittings, Furniture, M & E, Cleaning, Housekeeping, refurbishment,. H&S, Service Desk, Catering Equipment and Fire Life Safety.
• Provide training for submission of Risk Assesments, Method Statement.
• Arrange training for Fire Wardens and assisting with organising invacuations and evacuations.
• Order and payment administration within agreed levels of delegation.
• Ensuring compliance to appropriate agreed quality of service levels in all aspects of facilities management service operations.
• Customer communications liaison on all aspects of facilities management services.
• Respond to general administration questions, queries and correspondence.
• Provide training to individuals in Tenant FM team as required in order to cover periods of leave or absence.
• Tenant Management interface with the banks Security – Pass Admin / Access Control - Authorising photo ID passes for all tenants and gym membership.
• Management interface between security and tenant regarding weekly and quarterly security access reports and monitoring deleltions.
• Arrange car parking and weekend access for sub contractors access for planned works.
• Ensure that access systems are maintained on all tenant floors and proxy swipe cards are operating for all staff with ID badges.
• Tenant Mangement contact for office Services – Implement Reception / Catering / Executive Services onto tenant floors.
• Tenant Management interface with reception for all visitors and guest visiting tenants to be booked into reception.
• Tenant Management Interface with General services fo refreshment deliveries to all meeting rooms booked via exec services and produce regular reports to check SLA.
• Assisting with viewings and correspondence for possible new tenants and communicating any questions regarding building services hard and soft.
Ability to utilise Asset / Facilities Management experience within the largest financial institution in the world
Opportunity to work with individuals from across a wide geographic and culturally diverse environment
High level of exposure to senior members of staff from both the banks businesses and CRS Region and Division Good career opportunities exist both at national and regional level
Knowledge / Experience:
Knowledge of the following facilities services related systems / process to a level of competency that enables function to be carried out to the required standards of performance:
Detailed understanding of cleaning processes and procedures for office interiors and associated finishes.
Detailed understanding of document management processes ad procedures and the management process thereof.
Understanding of Mechanical and Electrical engineering services.
Detailed knowledge of Project Management process.
Knowledge of local regulations and building controls authorities polices / procedures.
Knowledge of local vendors / contractors and their best practices.
Good knowledge of practical Health & Safety within the built environment.
Practical experience in procurement activity, especially in relation to the specification of services contracts and fabric, plant and equipment replacement.
Substantial experience in building operations and management, preferably within a multinational organisation.
Good working knowledge of the following procedures:
Construction and other service provision contracts and contract administration procedures
Financial budgeting, management and controls procedures
Corporate facilities related procedures and standards
Corporate financial control / audit procedures.
Detailed understanding of both written and verbal communication skills and use and application within a service based environment.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Detailed understanding of both written and verbal communications skills and use and application within a service based environment.
Knowledge, obtained through either training or experience, of the following skills:
Detailed understanding of human resource management with specific emphasis on motivation and team buildingwithin an outsourced environment
Basic understanding of the related Facilities services, such as network, voice and data systems, in use within the envelope.
Project management and control techniques for minor to intermediate refurbishment / alteration projects.
Good working knowledge of the following standards / legislation:
Local building, Fire and Safety codes
Corporate Technical Standards
Health & Safety Legislation
Membership of a Facilities Management professional body, BIFM / IFMA preferred
NEBOSH certificate or diploma preferred
Formally training to degree or Higher National Diploma preferred
10 years experience in Facilities Management, Construction Management, Hotel / Catering management or similar facilities related discipline.
- See more at: http://fmjobsearch.com/jobs-386/London/Tennant-Facilities-Manager-#sthash.miyADjKX.dpuf
HOW WE WORK
Experience has allowed us to work with a diverse range of customers be it a service provider an in house organisation or consultancy. We have placed candidates in a vast array of environments including law firms, universities, hospital trusts, investment banks, datacentres, boarding schools and corporate buildings to name some.
Our LinkedIn profiles offer a range of testimonials from industry jobseekers and clients that have worked with us in the past and have received a first class service, clients have also stated that when they engaged our services they found us to be fully committed and professional throughout the process.
We always do our best to ensure our customers are provided with the best people and in turn we do our utmost to provide our candidates with access to the best facilities management, property and engineering jobs hence working with some of leading organisations across the UK and EMEA.