Versasec, the leader in smart card management systems, today introduced the vSEC:CMS S-Series v4.3 product line featuring Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC), batch issuance using multiple parallel smart card readers and more functionality and support for Hardware Security Modules (HSM).
Versasec's vSEC:CMS products provide organizations of any size with all the software tools they need to administer and manage the lifecycle of smart cards securely and conveniently.
The main vSEC:CMS S-Series version 4.3 features:
- Support for ECC, a standard for asymmetric key encryption, preferred by many government and enterprise customers. Previous versions of vSEC:CMS only supported RSA cryptography, now customers have more options.
- Support for the leading HSM products: Gemalto/SafeNet Luna and Utimaco.
- New functionality for HSMs, improving migration, backup and availability. This enables IT departments greater flexibility to migrate master keys from an operator smart card, using a vSEC:CMS wizard to a combined environment with both HSMs and operator cards or an HSM-only setup.
- Batch issuance using multiple parallel smart card readers, enabling operators to issue cards without physically inserting and removing each card. This is a low-cost alternative to installing smart card printers, which is also supported by vSEC:CMS.
- New client side programming interface that makes it possible to interact directly with the vSEC:CMS User Self-Service application, thereby enabling customized workflows.
"We continue to improve our vSEC:CMS product and provide organizations with flexible, affordable solutions to manage their smart card lifecycles," said Joakim Thoren, CEO of Versasec. "Version 4.3 allows our customers to integrate the latest technologies like ECC, and supports the leading HSM solutions on the market today."
Versasec is a leading IT solutions provider in the identity and access management space with focus on easy deployment of smart cards with innovative smart card management systems. Our customers are organizations that demand high security and ease of use. Our state of the art solutions enable our customers to securely authenticate, issue and manage user credentials, such as smart cards, more cost efficiently than other solutions on the market.
Our mission is to provide solutions that are affordable and easy to integrate, thus allowing organizations of all sizes to implement high levels of security. We also offer first class support, maintenance, and training. Our customers include: HSBC, Tieto, Raiffeisenbank, Hornbach, Daimler, Alstom, European Commission, Qualcomm, eBay, Saudi Aramco, IMF, L'Oreal and Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi.
Our products and services can be bought and delivered worldwide by use of an extensive reseller network and through the Versasec web site: http://versasec.com