Affibody Medical AB (publ) (“Affibody” or “the Company”), a Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™, today issued its Interim Report covering the Second Quarter 2013.
- Revenue for the 2nd Quarter 2013 SEK 10.8 (12.6) million, and for the first six months 23.1 (28.5) million
- Operating result for the period amounted to SEK -2.4 (0.8) million, and for the first six months -0.7 (6.9) million
- Net result for the period amounted to SEK -2.6 (0.3) million, and for the first six months -1.4 (6.0)
- Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the period amounted to SEK 17.8 (20.6) million
- Cash flow for the period was SEK -3.8 (-2.1) million, and for the first six months -3.5 (7.9) million
Significant events during the period
- License agreement signed with Daewoong regarding the Albumod™ platform
- License agreement signed with Daiichi-Sankyo regarding the Albumod™ platform
- First patient included in breast and gastric cancer study with the substance ABY-025, which is part of the partnership with GE Healthcare on HER2-targeted imaging
- Affibody named winner of SwedenBIO Award 2013
Significant events after the end of the period
- An Extraordinary General Meeting on August 20 approved a name change of the parent company of Affibody Holding to Affibody Medical as well as a consolidation of shares
Affibody is a Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™.
Affibody is developing a portfolio of innovative drug projects and, in addition, offers the half-life extension technology, Albumod™, for outlicensing.
Affibody has ongoing commercial relationships with several companies including Algeta, Amylin, Sobi, GE, Daiichi-Sankyo, Daewoong and Thermo Fisher.
Affibody was founded in 1998 by researchers from the Royal Institute of Technology and the Karolinska Institute and is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Major shareholders in the Company include HealthCap and Investor AB.
Further information can be found at: www.affibody.com