Joseph Kahn, managing editor of The New York Times, will be a keynote speaker at Nordic Media Insights in Stockholm this June. This means that 25 of the conference’s 40 speakers are booked.
Joseph Kahn was in September last year appointed managing editor, making him the second highest editorial manager at The New York Times.
Joseph Kahn has previously worked as a foreign correspondent, with two Pulitzer Prizes on the merit list, and is known as the architect of the company’s international strategy.
"I am very glad that Joseph Kahn wants to come to our conference and share his knowledge. The Nordic media industry can learn a lot of the work conducted at The New York Times", says Fredrik Svedjetun, editor of Nordic Media Insights.
Three interesting questions that will be discussed at the conference is how The New York Times handles the coverage of Donald Trump, the media group's successful work with digital subscriptions and the changes proposed by the 2020 group of The New York Times.
"Now we have some of the world's largest and most innovative media companies represented on the speakers list, along with the very sharpest professionals and companies in the Nordic market. We have made a good start", says Fredrik Svedjetun.
Nordic Media Insights is being held at The Brewery, Torkel Knutssongatan 2 in Stockholm on 13-14 June.
In total, some 40 speakers will share their knowledge and experience of the digital transformation. So far, 25 speakers are confirmed, and some of them are:
- Melissa Bell, Publisher of Vox Media (USA)
- Samantha Barry, Head of social media, CNN (USA)
- Marcus Rich, CEO of Time Inc (UK)
- Arnd Benninghoff, CEO of MTGx (Germany)
- Fiona McKinnon, General Manager at The Pangaea Alliance (UK)
- Paal Fure, CEO Dentsu Aegis Network Nordic (Norway)
- Kai Telanne, President and CEO of Alma Media (Finland)
- Stig Kirk Ørskov, CEO of JP/Politikens Hus (Denmark)
- Tomas Franzén, CEO of Bonnier (Sweden)
- Eero Korhonen, Head of strategic relationships EMEA, Google (Finland)
- Peter Gottfredsen, CEO of Omnicom Media Group Nordic (Denmark)
- Xavier Van Leeuwe, Director of marketing and data, NRC Media (Netherlands)
Read more about the program and buy reduced price tickets (until 31 March) on nordicmediainsights.com
Nordic Media Insights is the new meeting place and source of strategic knowledge for executives, managers and professionals in the Nordic and European media industry.
The two-day conference is all about the industry’s biggest opportunities and challenges in the ongoing digital transformation. By inviting 40 speakers from companies that have made significant progress in key areas, we hope to offer a wide range of insights, best practices and possible ways forward.
The conference program is organized across six tracks covering different aspects of the transformation of media. This means you can focus on the challenges that are most important to you, whether you are responsible for sales, marketing, publishing, video or business development.