Today B&O PLAY introduced a new member to its family of Bluetooth speakers, Beoplay A2 Active. The new speaker adds an active dimension to one of B&O PLAY’s best-selling Bluetooth speakers as it is dust and splash resistant, comes with a USB-C charging cable for faster charging and seamless portability and two stylish NATO-inspired straps made of woven polyamide with solid tensile strength.
“The two straps for Beoplay A2 Active are inspired in large by the extremely durable watch straps that British soldiers wore during World War Two. More than complementing the new dust and splash resistant design, the new straps add a contemporary and stylish expression to the speaker and highlight the versatility of the Beoplay A2 design”, says Henrik Taudorf Lorensen, Senior VP of B&O PLAY.
Up to 24 hours of portable playtime
Beoplay A2 was designed by the award-winning Danish industrial designer Cecilie Manz and has hit the mark with consumers worldwide thanks to its beautiful Scandinavian aesthetics, an innovative, patented True360 omni-directional sound experience, a modest weight of only 1.1 kg and a battery life that gives you up to 24 hours of portable playtime.
Adjust the sound profile with Beoplay App
Beoplay A2 Active is compatible with Beoplay App for Android, iPhone and Apple Watch. The app lets you pair two identical speakers for a true stereo or ambience setup, and you will get a variety of options for personalizing the speaker:
- Bang & Olufsen sound engineers have created a variety of sound profiles specifically for Beoplay A2 Active: Lounge, Party, Podcast, and Favorite.
- Users can adjust the tonality and sound staging themselves with the playful and intuitive B&O PLAY ToneTouch. The interface lets users feel their way through different sound settings and find the one that best suits the situation. Once adjusted, Beoplay A2 Active stores the setting on the product itself until you adjust it again.
- Connected to Beoplay A2 Active, Beoplay App makes it easy to monitor the battery status of the speaker.
- Users can control the music (play, pause, forward, back), and they can personalize the speaker in the app by giving it a specific colour and name.
- Connecting Beoplay A2 Active to Beoplay App, users also receive software updates over the air.
Price and availability
Beoplay A2 Active launches in two colours, Natural and Stone Grey, and is available for a suggested retail price of SEK 3.499. Included with Beoplay A2 Active are two NATO inspired canvas straps, and both colours will be available in B&O stores, on www.beoplay.com/a2active, and in selected third party retailers from 3 November 2016.
For further personalization, you can exchange the canvas straps with a high quality leather strap that retails for SEK 299.
ABOUT THE DESIGNER
Cecilie Manz (1972) is considered to be one of the leading Danish industrial designers of her generation. In September 2014, she won the Danish Crown Prince Couple’s Culture Award for her contribution to design. Her work includes furniture, jewellery, lamps and sculptures and her Mikado table has been included in MOMA’s design collection. Cecilie Manz has designed the Beoplay A2 (2014), the Beolit 15 (2015), and Beoplay A1 (2016) for B&O PLAY.
INFORMATION AND CONTACT:
Find out more about B&O PLAY at: www.beoplay.com
Download High Res images: www.flickr.com/beoplay
Connect on Facebook: /beoplay
Connect on Instagram: @beoplay
B&O PLAY är ett resultat av Bang & Olufsens långa tradition av utmärkt design, hantverk och produktinnovation – här har dessa värden tolkats till en ny typ av samtida produkter riktade till en designmedveten, urban publik med en aktiv livsstil.
B&O PLAY-portföljen innehåller bärbara produkter som används intuitivt och som är enkla att integrera i din vardag – hemma eller när du är på språng.